Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Never-Ending Update

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
184 Views, 4 Replies

Never-Ending Update

I have a part that always seems to want an update. It uses a BMP decal. Could that be the issue? Also, I have several drawings that seem to want a constant update even though all children are updated. Any advice on a fix? Using R2008sp2.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
yichuan.xing
in reply to: Anonymous

The update view always available of drawing view, no matter what feature you have in modeling. The modeling have "rebuild all" and other update tools, but drawing have not. Only the way to update the view is "update view". The update view always available in drawing is just like the "rebuild all" is always available in modeling. Your concern about that is right, Inventor should be some judgment whether the view has recomputed. This my opinion, Thanks.

Guy Xing
Quality Assurance Engineer
Inventor Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Let me try and be more clear. The Vault indicates with a red asterisk that the assembly file requires an update even though I know that nothing has changed. One of the parts in the assembly uses a BMP decal and always seems to require an update (red asterisk). Is this typical of using a BMP decal? I have drawings also that want an update (red asterisk) though nothing has changed. Sometimes a save is followed immediately by another red asterisk!
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

We are still on IV10, and were not using bitmaps but ran into a similar problem for some parts using when Vault. I forget what the cause was now. Our fix, as recommended by Autodesk was to uncheck the "Reference Resolution Changes" box under Tools, Application Options, Save tab.

Pete
Message 5 of 5
v_balge

We have the same issue here with some .idw files. I've also narrowed it down to the bitmap from our logo in the title block. But I haven't found a solution yet. I'm having bigger problems with assembly files wanting to save everything when ever a .iam is opened.

IV2008 SP2

Vince Balge
Supervisor, Design Drafting
ATCO Noise Management, HIGGOTT-KANE Division

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report