Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nesting Profiles

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
433 Views, 3 Replies

Nesting Profiles

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to nest my profile drawings to reduce material wastage with Inventor?

If not, does anyone know where I can download any freeware that can perform this task.

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

AFAIK, IV does not support any nesting features. I've always had to use either AutoCAD with polylines and patterning or even Inventor assembly for simple nested parts. Either way is a royal pain in the butt. Not recommended if you have alot of overly complicated parts. I don't know of any freeware, but that would be valuable. -- Scott M Inventor 9, SP1 Windows XP Pro Maxtor 60GB HD 3D Labs Wildcat VP560 64MB Intel Pentium4 2.4GHz 1GB RAM
Message 3 of 4
CraigPreston

I don't believe you can nest in Inventor. However, I work for a company named SigmaTEK that can integrate Inventor files/assemblies into our nesting/automation software.

I'm not sure about freeware out there, but what the industry has proven over 15 years, you get what you pay for 😉
Message 4 of 4
jayesh9009

Please can you specify how to do autonesting , in Autocad.

regards

desai@tusar.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report