Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need stitch welding help

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
scoopthepoop2000
760 Views, 5 Replies

need stitch welding help

I am using IV 2010.  I would like to show some stagger stitch welding.  The two pieces getting joined are round tube.  They need to be stagger sticth at 60 degrees.  I was able to do one side at 60 degrees but I can't get the other side to stagger the welds. Does anyone know how to do this?  Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
JDMather
in reply to: scoopthepoop2000

Can you attach your assembly here?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 6
scoopthepoop2000
in reply to: JDMather

see the attached. I accomplished the stitch welding on the one side.  However the only solution I can see to stagger the opposite side would be make a continuous fillet then use the machining extrude to get the desired stagger. A lot of work for something that should be simple.  Unless I am mising something.

Message 4 of 6
JDMather
in reply to: scoopthepoop2000

Well, I don't see a way to enter an offset on a "circular patter".

This would be an obvious one for the idea center.

Another option might be to split the face of the ring, but this would be tedious.

BTW - you do not need to divide by 25.4 to convert to mm.

Simply enter 40mm (maybe you did that for a reason).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 5 of 6
blair
in reply to: JDMather

The only way that I can think, is to use the Split-Face Tool, to create a start that is 60deg off from the other side. Since the Weld Bead will start from a ADSK predefined start point on the pipe, you can tweek the start by Splitting both faces with one side out 60 deg from the other. Simple math using the staggered wel will get your 60deg spacings. A bit of playing around as well, Inventor is just as tempermental as my welders on the shop floor.Capture1.JPG

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 6 of 6
JDMather
in reply to: blair

@Blair wrote:
 ....just as tempermental as my welders on the shop floor.

They know where you park your car.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report