Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need "starting tips" for a Dynamic Simulation...

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
584 Views, 5 Replies

Need "starting tips" for a Dynamic Simulation...

Hello everyone!

I need to build a dynamic simulation for a (very) simple assembly, but I can't find the apropriate JOINT type to use.
I would need something like a "point-to-path" joint (similar with point-to-line).. but, of course there is nothing like this ..:)

The simulation involve a trolley which must follow a rail path. (Please see ATTACHED zip)
This rail is similar with a roller coaster shape (3d sketch .. etc...model done!)

I've easily built the components, but I can't figure out how can I constrain/joint the trolley to the rail.
Of course, I have to get a final AVI with this, eventually, but this is the easy part ..

I have to admit that I'm a beginner in dynamic simulation and (the most important!) I must finish this until Tuesday, Aug 13th..:(( So, there is not much time to buy books or deep studying.
I've already started reading the Autodesk help & tutorials... but I'm pretty sure I can't learn it in two days.

Thank you.

Adrian
adistratulat@yahoo.com

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
yannick3
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi
If it's only to create AVI with no graph or force
You can use studio and for create your path use transitional constraint after, you use animate constraint to animate the model
Yannick Verreault
INV PRO 2015
MS Office 2007
Win 7 pro, core i7 950, asus P6T WS
nvidia Gforce GTX 295
WD caviar black 500Go
WD caviar black 1To

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: yannick3

Thanks, but as I said, I need to do it with Dynamic Simulation module...

The problem is that I need a 3D path to move the ball (trolley) and will be also a force applied there, etc.

And, actually the method you described is called "driving constraint" as I know (not animate constraint ...) Smiley Happy

Please, other ideas..??

Message 4 of 6
JDMather

@Anonymous wrote:

And, actually the method you described is called "driving constraint" as I know (not animate constraint ...)

Animate Constraint is done in Inventor Studio, not Drive Constraint.

It will take you several months to learn Dynamic Simulation.

Search Amazon for the Wasim Younis book to get started.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

Thanks JD

I know that will take long time to learn Dyn.Sim.

I know about Wasim Younis books.

But, as I said in my initial message, there is no time for deep study at this moment.

That's why I yelled for help here... I need just "the tip" to use in that scenario, then I will dig deeper.

Please don't mind, but your advice like "you have to learn" ... is not a point/tip. Smiley Sad

Thanks anyway.

Message 6 of 6
mcgyvr

Just press the "EASY" button..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjkgEqTpeSk

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report