Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

Tony_Hawking
Message 1 of 1 (84 Views)

Need help with my assembly

84 Views, 0 Replies
04-14-2012 09:47 AM

Hi everyone!

I'm doing some jobs with design. I just don't know how it could be like this. For example:

I have an assembly named 1.iam. which contains a gearbox (2 pairs of spur gears). I made all the constrains in this assy, and a can switch to Dynamic Simulation Env. to perform the motions. The shafts, bearings and gears was created by using Design Accelerator in the Design tab.

I also have another one named 2.iam, which is a chains drive. I contrains all the chains link and made them a chain drive like what we see in real life, not just 2 spocket and an transparent belt (inventor made this to save memory and better performance). I added 45 joints in this simulation.

The problem occurs when I place 1.iam into 2.iam. 42 of 45 joints was suppressed. I receive a warning: 22 dof was over-constrained...  Turn to Dynamic simulation, press Play the simulation but there no moves anymore. The gearbox still have have shaft, bearings, gears but when I right-click on them, I see no " Edit with Design Accelerator" . After deleting the 1.iam (gearbox) I've  just placed. The problem does not dissapear. I know that I made something wrong but I don't know what it is? Is there some way better? Can anyone help me.

Very appreciate to any help.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.