Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help to determine if Inventor can fill my needs

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
corydc
224 Views, 3 Replies

Need help to determine if Inventor can fill my needs

Hello,

The company I work has a client that requires some simulation work outside our typical expertise. I am unsure if Inventor is capable of running the simulations I need for this project.

The client would like us to simulate a motor while modifying the inputs (pressure, flow) and design (port sizing, chamber size, etc) to determine the optimal design for different inputs. 

I know that Inventor can do some motion analysis and FEA, but am unsure how capable it is and if Inventor will meet our needs.

Thank you for any help,

Cory

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: corydc

@corydc wrote:
... to simulate a motor while modifying the inputs (pressure, flow) and design (port sizing, chamber size, etc) to determine the optimal design for different inputs

Cory

I think you are describing an engine rather than a motor.  (well I guess Wikipedia uses the terms interchangeably https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engine  )

You should consult with your VAR (Value Added Reseller).

I suspect that you will need more than Inventor, and 6mths or more of training/experience on top of the software acquisition.

Inventor does not do Computational Fluid Dynamics.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 4
Rory_M
in reply to: corydc

It sounds like you're trying to optimise a hydraulic motor design, is this correct?

If you're interested in how the flow of the hydraulic fluid will affect and be affected by the design of the internal components then it might be worth looking into one of the CFD solutions available, for example:

http://www.autodesk.com/products/simulation-cfd/compare

It looks as if CFD Motion may be up your street, please indicate if I've misinterpreted your needs.

Your reseller would be best placed to advise in more detail.

Good luck!

Message 4 of 4
corydc
in reply to: Rory_M

Yes, a hydraulic motor is closer than an engine. I left it a big vague as it is a prototype design. CFD does look more appropriate for my needs than Inventor.

I'll get in contact with a reseller.

Thank you,
Cory

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report