Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help extruding 2d sketch as a solid object?!?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
richfazio
3587 Views, 8 Replies

need help extruding 2d sketch as a solid object?!?

im trying to extrude a 2d sketch to a 3d object and when i go to extrude it does let me i konw what im doing wrong but i have no idea how to fix it heres what im doing wrong at the bottoms of my sketch 2 splines meet up im trying to connnect the 2 splines with a line but it doesnt let me exatly connect the spline ends  toghter i just get close im trying to extrude the figure as a solid but as i said before the 2 ends of my sketch wont connect any help?

heres my sketch

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: richfazio

You need to put all the sketches together in one sketch.

Message 3 of 9
richfazio
in reply to: Anonymous

they are all in 1 sketch just multible lines and i need help connecting those lines so i can extrude as a 3d object

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

You have 4 sketches in the browser.  You need to have all this in one sketch in order to extrude a solid.

Message 5 of 9
richfazio

hay thanks,

But i still dont understand what you mean by that

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

In order to extrude a sketch as a solid, it has to have a closed loop.  You have 4 separate sketches you are trying to connect.  Even if you do get all the curves connected, it will not extrude as a solid.

Have you done any of the sketching or part tutorials?

Message 7 of 9
richfazio

ive attemted the tutorials but im a learn on my own kind of guy but ill look into the tutorilas again thanks

Message 8 of 9
JDMather

You might start here.

You missed using obvious symmetry about the origin.

http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/SkillsUSA%20University.pdf

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 9 of 9
richfazio
in reply to: JDMather

Hay i took another look at the extrution that you made and it wasnt exatly even so i went back to 2d sketch and found that the head set was a little different than the sketch it was uneven and off set

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report