Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help converting .sldprt to .ipt

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1281 Views, 3 Replies

Need help converting .sldprt to .ipt

My customer sent me .iges files first.  When I try to open them, all I get is surfaces (need this to be solids).  They then sent me .sldprt files.  When I try to open them, the translation report comes up and it has "Error" in it.  Parts will not open in Inventor.  Thinking it might be a version issue between his solidworks and Inventor 2013.

Could someone open this up and save it to a file that I can open in 2013?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Justin_DeSilva
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Shasha, importing data into Inventor can be problematic if the data wasn't exported correctly. I tried importing Plastic Tray.SLDPRT into Inventor but Inventor refused to open the file. I imported Plastic Tray.SLDPRT into Rhinoceros 4.0 and saved the file as Plastic Tray.step. Rhinoceros is a great application for nurbs modeling and sharing data between applications but you might bot be in a position to purchase it.

I'm not exactly sure why Inventor is unable to open the .SLDPRT file becuase I've opened many other, but not all .SLDPRT files in the past. Ask your customer to export their files as .step, and also ask them for a screen capture of their settings so you can be certain it's not Inventor causing the problem. .step is my preferred file sharing extension.

Try opening this file.

Message 3 of 4
JDMather

The SolidWorks part was created in SolidWorks 2014.

SolidWorks 2014 did not exist when Inventor 2014 was released (and it certainly didn't exist when Inventor 2013 was released), therefore Inventor cannot open the later version file.

Attach the original STEP IGES file here if you are intested in instructions on how to fix it in Inventor.

or

read this

http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/AU2008/ML205-1P%20Mather.pdf

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 4
KevinLi-Autodesk

Hi Shasha,

SolidWorks version 2014 models need Inventor 2015 to open them. Attached is the Inventor 2015 saved ipt model for your reference. I also convert it to STEP file so your Inventor 2013 should be open it also.

Regards,

Kevin-Hongyuan Li
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Design, Lifecycle and Simulation Product Group
Direct: +86 21 2039 6025
Email: Hongyuan.Li@autodesk.com
Autodesk, Inc.
NO. 130, Lane 91, E Shan Rd
Building 12, Floor 6,
Shanghai 200127, PRC
www.autodesk.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report