Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Inventor 2015 Won't Start

22 REPLIES 22
Message 1 of 23
fsxaircanada01
11247 Views, 22 Replies

My Inventor 2015 Won't Start

When I click on Inventor to open it, the splash screen appears and it seems to load. But after a few seconds the splash screen disappears, normally the home page of Inventor should show up at this point, but it never did.

I tried repairing and reinstalling it through the install program, but it doesn't seem to fix the problem

any help please?

22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23
admaiora
in reply to: fsxaircanada01

DO you have windows 7 , 8? 8.1?

Anyway try this way by the team Being Inventive, the Official SUpport Blog for Inventor

http://beinginventive.typepad.com/being-inventive/2014/04/inventor-2015-startup-crashes.html

I hope that it can resolve your problem.

Admaiora
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 23
fsxaircanada01
in reply to: admaiora

I have Windows 8.1

Message 4 of 23
JoyceZhou

After you click Inventor to launch it, could you start Task Manager to check whether there is Inventor.exe existing? If yes, could you help check how much memory is it used? 

Thanks!

Joyce-Jinghua Zhou

Inventor QA Engineer
Message 5 of 23

May I know have you solved the problem? if not, have you tried the following solution?

If Inventor won't start at all, to even do this, you can run regedit & change ShowHomeBaseOnStartup " to 0 under [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor\RegistryVersion19.0\System\Preferences\File]

Message 6 of 23

Yeah, but I ended up just doing a fresh install of Inventor instead. But I'll definately try these solutions if the problem occurs again Thanks

Message 7 of 23

I'm having the same problem and i've tried all these solutions and still crashes...

Message 8 of 23

For some reason it happen on my home pc as well ... I ended up doing a system restore to a week earlier  and reinstalling patches etc for windows one by one to see if that caused it .... nothing ..just a hiccup

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 9 of 23
pdxmcad
in reply to: DobermannJimmy

When the crash happens, are you sending in the CER?  If so what email address are you supplying with the report?  Does your browser window open showing you CER number?  With your email or the CER number I can lookup the report(s) and see what might be going wrong.

Mike Dickason
Inventor Development
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 10 of 23

if below link could solve your problem? http://beinginventive.typepad.com/being-inventive/2014/04/inventor-2015-startup-crashes.html if not, may I know what OS are you using? Inventor doesn't support Windows 8.1 32bit
Message 11 of 23

I've tried everything available and it still freezes on start screen... I even opened ctrl alt del and the process just starts and disapears almost instantly...

Message 12 of 23

I am using windows 8.1

Message 13 of 23

if it was working ...system restore back to that date. 

Don't play with the registry if you're not sure how ...

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 14 of 23
mat813

when i click on the icon to start it comes up saying coudnt start and then a load of numbers in brakets staiting 0xcoooo142 i have windows 8.1 and downloaded inventor 2014 please help

Message 15 of 23
ChrisMitchell01
in reply to: mat813

Try installing 2014 SP2:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-in...

Ensure to follow the instructions mentioned from there in TS22238097

Thanks

Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 16 of 23
hazlipa
in reply to: mat813

Hello dobermannjimmy, and mat813!

@DobermannJimmy - Are you encountering a specific error message? From this error we can start diagnosing possible causes and try some solutions! I might recommend taking a look at the article below, as it may also resolve your launching issue! 

@mat813 - Thanks for the information! I have an article about that error that may contain a solution for you! I would also recommend installing the latest Inventor 2014 service pack since it came out before Windows 8.1 was launched. 

The Application Was Unable to Start Correctly (0xc0000142) - Causes and Solutions

Here is that Service pack as well. It contains Service Pack 1, so you do not need to install the first one!

Autodesk Inventor 2014 - Service Pack 2

Let us know if this does not work for you!

Ariel Hazlip
Message 17 of 23
mat813
in reply to: hazlipa

will reply but likely to be tomorow evening

Message 18 of 23
mat813
in reply to: hazlipa

thanks for the link all worked well after downloading service pack 2 thanks for the help

Message 19 of 23
bda714
in reply to: KevinHu_PDMS_Vault

@KevinHu_PDMS_Vault wrote:
if below link could solve your problem? http://beinginventive.typepad.com/being-inventive/2014/04/inventor-2015-startup-crashes.html if not, may I know what OS are you using? Inventor doesn't support Windows 8.1 32bit

confirming this worked for me on Windows 8.1 x64.   Thank you Kevinautodesk20!

Message 20 of 23
ismaelseidel
in reply to: bda714

My Inventor does not even show the splash screen. It only loads up to almot 23.500 K of memory and then its proccess vanishes without any message whatsowever. I'm using Windows 7 64-bit with student key. Tried to install all updates and service packs availble and also to change somethings using regedit as I saw in other posts. However it keeps the same problem and therefore I'm clueless about what is happening.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums