Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My drawing hatch is so precise...

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Vlad.Makarov
1145 Views, 10 Replies

My drawing hatch is so precise...

...I launch space ships with it.

Message 2 of 11
Vlad.Makarov
in reply to: Vlad.Makarov

Hmm, I guess I'm the only one whose Inventor gives wacky default hatch values?

Talayoe

lol! I suppose you should charge extra for whatever that hatch is attached to and charge it out as 'extremely precision' or something of the similar.

Btw, I havent seen this on mine and use it all the time. It is quite funny tho 😉

-Randy

----------------------
Inventor 2017 PDS
Message 4 of 11
trumpy81

Vlad, after using Inventor for a while and trying to track down reasons for assembly constraint failure, then numbers like that are common.

Why is Inventor so pedantic about numbers? .... lol

And Vlad, here's a challenge for you, try to measure that angle with your protractor .... lmfao!

Regards
Andy M
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2013 Pro SP1.1, Win7 Pro - 64Bit - SP1, Intel i7 960 @ 3.333 GHz
Asus X58 Sabertooth, Corsair 12Gig DDR3, AMD Radeon HD6970, Samsung 830 Series 256G SSD, 2x 3TB Seagate, 2x 2TB Hitachi,
1x 1TB Samsung, 4 x 2TB Seagate in Netgear ReadyNAS NV+, Dual Asus VE278Q Monitors
Message 5 of 11
jozef.dubaj

Hi Vlad,

From where did you get the drawing? Created by you or received from someone? I\m curious whether did you enter value of 30 deg and then you found there 30.00022219255. Or you just received the drawing and check the hatching angle

-Jozef

Message 6 of 11
GSE_Dan_A

Race to Space.jpg

I win! This was from a hatching of a section I just made.  No changes made... straight from the Inventor Realm

GSE Consultants Inc.
Windsor, ON. Canada
Message 7 of 11
mrattray
in reply to: GSE_Dan_A

Did anyone notice that the error in those two hatch pattern are exactly the opposite? If you add them together you get 90.00000000000000.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 8 of 11
Hell-If-I-Know
in reply to: mrattray

What are the odds?

Message 9 of 11
Vlad.Makarov
in reply to: jozef.dubaj

@jozef.dubaj wrote:

Hi Vlad,

From where did you get the drawing? Created by you or received from someone? I\m curious whether did you enter value of 30 deg and then you found there 30.00022219255. Or you just received the drawing and check the hatching angle

-Jozef

Hi Jozef,

The drawings are my own. I see the wacky values when I change the hatch style.

It is happening in section views of assemblies.

moretti999

Volodya,

This is the value for Imperial degreesSmiley LOL

AM
Message 11 of 11
Rich.O.3d
in reply to: moretti999

First inventor converts the angle to radians then to fractional degrees then to decimal degrees, it then applies an analogous algorithm based on the colour of the 5th nearest star from earth multiplied by the deriviative of........

I get this too...it drives me nuts

Are you using a metric template, I am

I suspect that is where the issue comes from...inventor not quite knowing how to convert all the numbers properly so in the math that drives the auto hatch angle, there is a rounding issue.

CAD Management 101:
You can do it your own way,
If its done just how I say!
[Metallica:And Justice For All:1988]

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report