Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple work points

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
329 Views, 5 Replies

Multiple work points

Hi,

Is it possible to add work points on multiple sketch points (2D) in one click like a auto drop option? Or I need to add each one indidually using the repeat command to some what accelerate the picking.

Thanks,

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

Use the space bar.. 

So place your first point then hit space bar and place next

It goes pretty quick that way.

You can also pattern work points if there is some "pattern" to your sketch points.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 6
JDMather
in reply to: mcgyvr

Don't need to use Space Bar if you first Right Mouse Button and select Repeat Command.

Inventor will stay in the Workpoint command.

But I think the OP has already discovered that and is really looking for an automated way of instantly placing workpoints at all sketchpoints (or vertices).

Repeat Command.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

I'm already using the "repeat command" but I was wondering if a more automated way existed as per JDMather suggests. I need an adaptable solution driven by the sketch.

Thanks anyway guys.

Message 5 of 6
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

huh.. never seen/used the repeat command before..

I thought he was talking about the "repeat last...whatever" 

Of course I never place work points either.

Darn it.. Now I'm curious and I'm pressing every darn button just to see what other commands that works with 🙂 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 6 of 6
JDMather
in reply to: mcgyvr

@mcgyvr wrote:

Darn it.. Now I'm curious and I'm pressing every darn button just to see what other commands that works with 🙂 

I think it is only for Workplanes, Axis and Workpoints.

If you find any others - let me know.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report