Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Parts Mating to One surface

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Cadmanto
358 Views, 4 Replies

Multiple Parts Mating to One surface

Is there a way to do dynamic mating?  Meaning if you have more then one part that needs to have the same surface on each part mated to one surface on another part?

surface.JPG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jletcher
in reply to: Cadmanto

have you looked into imates? if you set up imates to both you can insert and the will be placed in the right spot.. You can make a composite imate if it take more then one. I use this all the time.

Message 3 of 5
Cadmanto
in reply to: jletcher

No,  I didn't think of imates.  While this may not not take long to setup and create, I was looking for something even

simpler like in the mating dialog box that allowed multiple selections for parts being mated.

I will just mate them individually because that will take just seconds.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 4 of 5

Hi Cadmanto,

You might find the ALT + Drag method useful to help speed repetitive constraints up a bit:

http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com/2011/01/alt-drag-assembly-constraints.html

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 5 of 5

Hi Curtis,

Thanks for the link.  You did answer another question I had, but never asked about and that was the key tips.

I now have a better understanding od them.

As far as the mating, I never knew about the ALT key, and that is a neat little tool, but it was convienant to use, it wasn't

quite what I was looking for.

I was looking for something more like this in Solidworks.

mates.JPG

I know, I know what you are going to say.  Place a suggestion on the website that you and I are in a race for to get that infamous gold watch!!!  Smiley LOL

I'm on it!!!

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report