Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple base view properties

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
meck
722 Views, 10 Replies

Multiple base view properties

I have a drawing that has multiple base views on it. These are parts of an assembly that need detailed. I do not wish to create 50+ separate drawings for all of these details. Each part needs the iproperties from their model placed on the sheet next to the part.

I can place the first part's iproperties using the Format Text dialog box and getting the iproperties from the part model without any problem. When I try to do the same with the second base view I've placed on the drawing it still gives me the first part's iproperties.

Is it possible to do what I want without manually writing the iproperty text for each part? It there a better way than what I am doing?

Thanks in advance!

Mike Eck
Master Drafter/ CAD Programmer
Using Inventor 2018
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
cbenner
in reply to: meck

From what I can tell, notes placed on the drawing will take all the iproperties from the first model placed as a view.  However, notes attached with a leader will take iproperties from the model in that view.  I'm not sure if there is any other way to force this to work.

Message 3 of 11
meck

Good enough. I'll just delete the leader afterwards!

Thanks!

Mike Eck
Using Inventor 2018
Message 4 of 11
cbenner

Depending on how you designed your titleblocks, you may have a problem there as well.  If it was set up to use Model Properties, it will grab those from the first model placed.  We use a special titleblock for what you are describing, that pulls it's values form Drawing Properties.

Message 5 of 11
EScales

Try this...edit your View Identifier in your Styles Editor.  Not only can you have it display the View Name and View Scale, but you can also add any Model Properties.  Let's say you wanted the material listed with each base view...edit the View Identifier in the Styles Editor and add the "Material" property to your text.  Each time you place a base view and turn on the View Identifier, the material will display for the part in that view.  After the view is placed, you can move the View Identifier to a different location around the view, if you don't want it directly underneath.

Message 6 of 11
meck
in reply to: EScales

This is way better than what I was trying to do.

Thanks!

Mike Eck
Using Inventor 2018
Message 7 of 11
meck

Your suggestion has been working great. Just to raise the bar a bit... Is there a way to get the item number from the assembly to show up in the view identifier or a note also?

Mike Eck
Using Inventor 2018
Message 8 of 11
EScales

That's a tough one because a parts list is connected to a specific assembly view.  When creating a parts list, you have to select the view you want to create item numbers for.  I've encountered this question before and I don't think we came up with a solution, but let me revisit this and think about it.

Message 9 of 11
meck

I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks

Mike Eck
Using Inventor 2018
Message 10 of 11
EScales

Well, there doesn't seem to be any way to do this...at least not that I can come up with.  I have submitted this topic to the Inventor IdeaStation (Wishlist), so maybe we'll get lucky and the developers will consider adding such functionality.

Here's the idea that I added: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-IdeaStation/Item-Number-from-Parts-List-as-an-Available-Prope...  Give it some kudos, maybe it will help.  Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 11
meck

Kudos to you my freind!

Mike Eck
Using Inventor 2018

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums