Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi width polyline - need inventor solution!!!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
tonyt
471 Views, 2 Replies

Multi width polyline - need inventor solution!!!

Hello,

I am having a problem with trying to come up with a way to create an inventor entity that is like an an autocad multi-width polyline. We make some of our lines in our silk screen as multi-width polylines - see example fig 1. I can't figure out how to accomplish this type of line effect in inventor - see example fig 2. We are actively trying to move from MDT2009 to Inventor aand i can recreate most everything except this multi-width polyline.-

can someone please let me know if there is a way to do this?

thank you

tony t.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
4donwan4
in reply to: tonyt

From reading your description I would think you would need to do this. In the inventor IDW file you would need to select or highlight the view you want to create these Polyline Widths in. Once the view is highlighted in the browser choose the sketch command. This will associate this sketch to this particular view. Then use the project command to project the views geometry you want as “polylines”. Once this geometry is projected you can select it and assign a line weight to it through the drop down.
Regards,
Don

Message 3 of 3
SBix26
in reply to: 4donwan4

To change the weight of selected geometry, just right click and choose Properties.  But to achieve the tapered effect that you show in your attachments, you will have to create the view sketch as Don suggested, then add sketch geometry and hatch solid.  Post something here if you can't figure it out.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report