Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi Sheet Plotting 2014 fails!

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
JimStrenk
786 Views, 5 Replies

Multi Sheet Plotting 2014 fails!

I've been try to use the Multi Sheet Plot routine that's provided with the Inventor 2014 install.

I'm attempting to plot both Vaulted and Non-Vaulted idw and Inventor .dwg files.

Regardless of drawing type or location, the Multi Sheet Plot routine is unable to print any files.  The application reports a failed while reading  error.  None of the settings within the application seem to have any effect on eliminating the read file errors.

What steps must I follow in order to successfully print multiple sheets of a designated printer??

Any tips, suggestions or errata on this subject would be most welcomed!  Smiley Happy

Jim Strenk

Inventor 2012 Certified Associate
AutoCAD 2012 Certified Associate

Product Design Suite Ultimate 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016, 2017

Other than THAT, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play??
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
rdyson
in reply to: JimStrenk

Have you installed SP1? I seem to remember something in the readme about multi-sheet plot

PDSU 2016
Message 3 of 6
JimStrenk
in reply to: rdyson

I have not installed Inventor 2014 Service Pack 1 as of yet.

I did notice however in the Service Pack Readme file, that Service Pack 1 addresses an issue attempting to plot .idw files.  We are experiencing an issue while working with Inventor 2013 and Inventor 2014 DWG files.

I'll be happy to report back once the Service Pack has been installed.  Smiley Happy

Jim Strenk

Message 4 of 6
rhasell
in reply to: JimStrenk

Hi

I cannot speak for vault, but use the task sheduler instead, IMHO it is better than Multisheet plot.

If that does not work either, then it might be one true view or that is faulty.

Reg
Please Accept as a solution / Kudos
Message 5 of 6
rhasell
in reply to: rhasell

Sorry head halfway up my *****

Please excuse the above typo's but I guess you get the idea of the message.

--- If that does not work either, then it might be True view that is faulty.----

I am under the impression that that is what is used to generate the prints for Multisheet plot, where Task Scheduler loads inventor to generate the print.

Reg
Please Accept as a solution / Kudos
Message 6 of 6
JimStrenk
in reply to: rdyson

Installing Inventor 2014 Service Pack 1 seems to have solved this problem.  Until the Service Pack was installed, the Autodesk Multi-Sheet Plot application was unable to read Inventor 2014 DWG files.  With the Service Pack installed, said files are now able to be read and go on for further processing.  Smiley Happy

Thank you rdyson for your timely suggestion.  Smiley Very Happy

Jim Strenk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report