Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi property balloon with number and length

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
dfernandez115
370 Views, 2 Replies

Multi property balloon with number and length

Hello,

So what I’m trying to accomplish is having my balloons show both my part number and the iproperty’s length of certain items such as pipes and tubes, and while doing so I would like to keep them all the same item number as a roll up part. All I can come up with is editing the balloon style and putting multiple properties but then the value fir length displays varies* because the properties are different between the lengths. Is there any way to get the correct lengths into the balloon without having to over-ride the text?

Thank you for reading;

David

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
leonards
in reply to: dfernandez115

David,

Did you ever get a solution for this problem? I have same issue. I look forward to your reply. Steve

Message 3 of 3
Mario428
in reply to: dfernandez115

Go to the BOM in your IAM file, add a property, eg. Pipe #, make it the same as the item number you want to use. Use copy and paste in your IAM BOM.

Add that property to your balloon and it should take care of your issue. You are then merely listing properties of each part and there is no conflict one to the other.

Not quite a totally smart balloon but close

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report