Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-parts list in a multi-sheet IDW with multi-IAMs

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
marka
262 Views, 2 Replies

Multi-parts list in a multi-sheet IDW with multi-IAMs

Need some IDW – Parts list understanding.

I have my IAM (which includes several sub-iams). I start my IDW, add the view (which has its own view rep) and create the part list by selecting the view. The parts list defaults to Structured and All levels. I edit the parts list and add the filter for that view rep. All is good.

I create a new 2ND sheet and place a view of one of the subassemblies, this subassembly also has it’s own view rep. Again I select the view, it defaults to Structured and All levels and I edit to add the filter for its view rep. All is good, it only shows this subassembly in the parts list.

This 2nd sheet will need to have the parts list expanded to balloon all of its items.   When I do this, it also expands the parts list on the first page. I don’t want it to do that.

How do I prevent Inventor from expanding the “main” first sheet parts list when creating sheets of other subassemblies in the same IDW?

See attachment - wouldn't let me insert the png.

Thanks

Mark A.
Goodfellow Crushers
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
marka
in reply to: marka

I have been screwing around with it some more, and I have found out that I can Hide the expanded rows for each sub assembly as they are "part listed" in subsequent sheets.  I thought I had tried that before, and it had also hid the items in the sub-sheet.  guess I was wrong cause it did not do it this time.

on a side note, I remember that I can renumber delimited items, but I have to do that in the assembly BOM.

Mark A.
Goodfellow Crushers
Message 3 of 3
marka
in reply to: marka

It did not work like I had hoped.  I created a new problem. Because of the second sheet and its parts list, when I balloon an item on the second sheet, it causes the balloon of the main sheet (if a balloon intented to represent the sub assembly is added) to change to the item number of the "all levels"

ie, in the "Main" sheet I had an balloon that initially just represented a frame assm, but after adding the second parts list, this balloon changed to the item number of the second parts list, which is not wanted.

So I guess the only way around this is to create a new idw for each assembly, and "save item overrides to BOM" from the "master idw"

Mark A.
Goodfellow Crushers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report