Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi Monitor Set Up

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
eluoci
597 Views, 5 Replies

Multi Monitor Set Up

Hi is there a way to use Inventor on multiple screens so that part can be maximized on one monitor and assembly on another. I currently drag inventor in wondow mode across the two screens and then again in have to alignt sizes for assembly and part window that are open and it take some of the screens realestate and cosntatly needs aligning. i've tryed running two inventors at the same time but i dont like the fact that if i do changes to a part i doesnt update them. Is there a way to be able to maximaze inventor into both monitors and then be able to maximize part and files only on one screen at the time.

Best Regards 😃

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
salariua
in reply to: eluoci

Separate inventor sessions as you mentioned. Used Inventor/Manage/Refresh to update models in between inventor sessions.

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

AIP2012-2020 i7 6700k AMD R9 370
Did you find this reply helpful ?
If so please use the Accepted Solutions or Like button - Thank you!
Message 3 of 6
BarryZA
in reply to: salariua

My understanding is that the best is 3rd party software that will stretch 1 screen over 2 screens. Sorry, being a bit vague here.

A quick Google shows that Win8 seems to have some good built-in features.

Message 4 of 6
salariua
in reply to: BarryZA

Nvidia drivers can do that, or maybe is just my quadro drivers but you still need to arrange windows inside inventor.

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

AIP2012-2020 i7 6700k AMD R9 370
Did you find this reply helpful ?
If so please use the Accepted Solutions or Like button - Thank you!
Message 5 of 6
kajobus
in reply to: salariua

I think this is what is needed in Inventor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynG1ijvoyQQ

Message 6 of 6
johnsonshiue
in reply to: kajobus

Hi! We are aware of the need to fully support multi-monitor workflows. We are working on good solutions but they are not available yet. If you are interested, please sign up Inventor Beta at https://bit.ly/InventorBeta.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report