Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-island grills...

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
BigOakShed
795 Views, 6 Replies

Multi-island grills...

I'm using Inventor LT 2014 and trying to create a grill that includes multiple islands but Inventor only allows me to pick one area as the island. I know I can create multiple layers to accomplish this but is there an easier way?

I have attached a test file that has a grill with a circle and a square as the islands. Is there a way to create this grill with both islands in one pass?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
BigOakShed
in reply to: BigOakShed

Sorry to bump this message...but I really need to know the answer.

I know there are Inventor gurus out there with the answer and I wish one would respond!

Thank you.

Message 3 of 7
mdavis22569

trying to figure out what you mean by islands ... what's the end result to be ..I'm just not seeing it

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 4 of 7
WHolzwarth

I didn't see a way for multi-selection of grill islands. Perhaps a workaround like this.

Walter

Walter Holzwarth

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
JDMather
in reply to: mdavis22569

@michaeldavis7418 wrote:
trying to figure out what you mean by islands .....

Islands (singular) is defined in the Grill tool.

Grill Island.PNG

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 6 of 7
BigOakShed

As JD stated the island is defined in the grill tool for plastics design section. My problem is that it only allows you to pick only one area for the island and if you have multiple islands then you need to do other workarounds (another sketch, etc). This seems to be a limitation of the grill tool for now. Maybe they will improve it for future versions.

(My appologies...Inventor LT apparently does not have the plastics design section. I am evaluating a 30 day trial version to see if it suits our needs and somehow I thought I downloaded the LT version but it is indeed the PRO version that has the plastics design tools...what a pity since that is a big price jump to pay for the PRO!)

Message 7 of 7
rdyson

The plastic tools are in standard IV (cheaper than Pro) but tooling is not in standard.

PDSU 2016

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report