Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving families in CC

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
fakeru
242 Views, 2 Replies

Moving families in CC

Hello all!

I have started to make a custom librabry in the Conter Center with our company products. At the begining I didn't think too much what categories I will need, but now I need to reorganize some categories and to move some families parts into other categories. But I can't find how to do that and I'm affraid it's not possible. I see that it's possible to move the them to other librabry, but that's not the ideal solution for me...

So for the moment I just want to move 2 families for J-TEC catergory in the upper category named Piping and then just to delete the category J-TEC. Please see the attached pictures.

Any ideas how to do that?

Regards

Alexandru

Autodesk Inventor 2015 Certified Professional
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
cbenner
in reply to: fakeru

Only way I've ever found of moving a family, is to do a "Save Copy As" to the new location, and then delete the family from the original location.  I WISH we could simply Move the family around, but so far I don't see how you can do that.

*** EDIT ***

Looking at it further,... even this didn't work.  I had to republish the item in order to get it to a new location.  Which sucks, because you lose any modifications you may have made to the family table in the process.

Anyone else have any success with this?  I can't see where it can even be done form the server console.

Message 3 of 3
fakeru
in reply to: cbenner

It seems that the only place where you can move a family is to a new custom library. I think I will go that way, considering I have just 3 families in my librabry.

Regards

Autodesk Inventor 2015 Certified Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report