Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
CAD-One
231 Views, 6 Replies

Move

Is it possible to know who moved a file or folder in vault.

Matter of fact, I would like to prevent users from drading files and folders to new location. Possible?

C1
Inventor Professional 2020
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD 2020
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: CAD-One

I would too. It's just like Windows, It's so easy to accidently drag a folder to a different folder.

Message 3 of 7
Cadmanto

If you are an administrator, you should be able to change the users roles and permissions to "Document Editor Level 1".  This would give them editing privelages, but not deleting and managaing files and folders.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 7
CAD-One
in reply to: Cadmanto

Thanks Scott,

Currently I have assigned these 2 for the entire group

Document Editor (Level 2),Document Manager (Level 2)

I am sure there was a reason behind assigning this. Could be some state change restrictions. cant recollect now.

Will try though.

C1
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD 2020
Message 5 of 7
Cadmanto

You're welcome.  Let us know how it works out for you.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 6 of 7
CAD-One
in reply to: Cadmanto

Looks like we cant change permission level. Just have to request the users to be more careful.

In couple of folder data, I was able to lock-down the files with a life-cycle. I guess if the files are locked down, it cant be moved around ( I hope, so does the folder)
C1
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD 2020
Message 7 of 7
Cadmanto

That doesn't make any sense?  I used to change the role levels of users all the time.  Almost sounds like your level is controled by someone higher.

While I was an administrator to my vault, the guy in IT controlled it all.  Inclusing limiting even my administrative rights.  So, I would look into that.

What you are suggesting might work in the short term, but long term?  Forget it!!!  As workers come and go, so do these rules.

I would look into this deeper and get to the root of it.

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report