Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

danielbritt
Message 1 of 2 (1,596 Views)

MOVE iMATE GLYPH WHERE I WANT...

1596 Views, 1 Replies
06-28-2012 12:55 PM

Is it possible to move my imate glyph where I want it to go yet?  I have checked all of the old posts and haven't found a solution aside from trying the yabbadabbado technique (which didn't work).  Is there an update to access the hidden registry?  Is there something I am missing with moving my glyph where I want?

To let you know where my mind is, I am trying to position two objects.  I have working composite iMates already on these objects that work and reflect a different component connection.  I have a work point on each object where I want the connection to be.  On my original composite iMates, using this work point is good, but on my new iMate composites, I want to provide offsets from one planar surface.  When I add the iMate to the plane in question, it shoots my iMate glyph in a place where I don't want it and can't use it as a connection point (like on the other composite iMates which use a iMate right on the work point).  Does anyone have advice?  I feel comfortable with iMates, my composites i already have in place work on multiple components and if I could move the glyph where I want would solve a lot of problems...Thanks in advance.

erik.jansen
Message 2 of 2 (314 Views)

Re: MOVE iMATE GLYPH WHERE I WANT...

05-08-2014 02:39 AM in reply to: danielbritt

One of our customers has problems selecting the right iMates, because the glyph positions are too close together.
If these glyph positions could be "relaxed" and dragged to a more convenient spot, that would be a great help.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.