Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MOVE iMATE GLYPH WHERE I WANT...

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
danielbritt
2545 Views, 3 Replies

MOVE iMATE GLYPH WHERE I WANT...

Is it possible to move my imate glyph where I want it to go yet?  I have checked all of the old posts and haven't found a solution aside from trying the yabbadabbado technique (which didn't work).  Is there an update to access the hidden registry?  Is there something I am missing with moving my glyph where I want?

To let you know where my mind is, I am trying to position two objects.  I have working composite iMates already on these objects that work and reflect a different component connection.  I have a work point on each object where I want the connection to be.  On my original composite iMates, using this work point is good, but on my new iMate composites, I want to provide offsets from one planar surface.  When I add the iMate to the plane in question, it shoots my iMate glyph in a place where I don't want it and can't use it as a connection point (like on the other composite iMates which use a iMate right on the work point).  Does anyone have advice?  I feel comfortable with iMates, my composites i already have in place work on multiple components and if I could move the glyph where I want would solve a lot of problems...Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
erik.jansen
in reply to: danielbritt

One of our customers has problems selecting the right iMates, because the glyph positions are too close together.
If these glyph positions could be "relaxed" and dragged to a more convenient spot, that would be a great help.

Message 3 of 4
decastle
in reply to: danielbritt

The imate glyph will be dropped where ever to first click on the geometry.  I was working on composite imates that use an origin plane.  The glyphs were overlapping, preventing me from being able to select different composite imates at the assembly level.   I remade the imates by clinkin gon the edge of the plane as opposed to selecting the plane from the browser, this allowed me have the glyphs in different locations.  Hope this helps.  It is at least something to play around with.

Message 4 of 4
Baishihu
in reply to: decastle

I would like that we can move glyphs to a better location.

thanks,

Baishihu

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report