Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move face command.

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Cadmanto
1309 Views, 5 Replies

Move face command.

Having never used this command before I am struggling as to where it is located.

I imported a U-Bolt in Solidworks format and I am just trying to move the nuts as indicated.

Anyones advise would be appreciated.

face.JPG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mflayler2
in reply to: Cadmanto

Not to highjack this away from the Move Face command...but if you brought this into Inventor as a multi-solid body part instead of a single body you could use the Move Bodies command on the Modify Panel to move that nut down the axis.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Mark Flayler - Engagement Engineer

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Message 3 of 6
JDMather

Move Face would impact a bunch of faces on that nut (moving the other direction would be like doing an extrude of the circle).

Is it coming in as a multi-body solid or as one solid body?

Assuming as multi-body solid use the Move Body command rather than Move Face.

Guess I should have kept my response shorter - Mark beat me to it. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 6
jtylerbc

Mark's suggestion would probably be easier, since you'd only have to select one body (the entire nut) instead of every face on the nut.

If you still want to use the Move Face method, it's on the Model tab, Modify panel.

Message 5 of 6
Cadmanto
in reply to: mflayler2

Thanks Mark,

You are correct.  It is a multi bodied part.  The move body command worked like a charm.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 6 of 6
Cadmanto
in reply to: JDMather

JD,

I know the feeling.  Wanting to say so much the old fingers can't type fast enough. Smiley LOL

But with Marks reply I did find the move face command.

Thanks for your feedback.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report