Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move a part in a multi part IPT

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
a.fattori
904 Views, 3 Replies

Move a part in a multi part IPT

Good Morning, i'm a novice on Inventor and I'm trying to solve an issue, in detail:

I create a single part (called BOX) days ago, and then I create a second part completely indipendent from the first one (called CARD).

Now i need to make this to part linked (The CARD must be fixed to the BOX, to do this The Hole template of the box must be applied to the CARD, now and for future modification).

What i'm trying to do is:

Open the CARD.ipt

Derive the BOX in the CARD.ipt and trying to create a sketch on the CARD surface applying the hole template of the box, but i can't move the components in the correct position to do a "projected geometry" of the hole template.

The question is: It's the correct way to do it? If yes, how i can move the parts in the correct position (not free move, but with logical parameters).

Thanks in Advance

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: a.fattori

You can do what you describe in an assembly, but I recommend that you do this as multi-body solids and push out the assembly.

Attach your ipt files here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 4
johnsonshiue
in reply to: a.fattori

DId you try using Move Bodies command? On R2015, you can also use Direct Edit (Move -> Bodies).

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 4
a.fattori
in reply to: JDMather

I solved my problem by using derive sketch.

I opened the BOX.ipt and detect the sketch including the Hole template (the one i need to match with the CARD,the sketch is named Sketch46) and put the sketch in visibility.

I opened the CARD.ipt and using the Derive command to select BOX.ipt, so i select only the Sketch46 to derive.

Now I have my hole template sketch that I can use to center the CARD and when in position create a new sketch and Project the geometry of the Sketch46. 

SOLVED

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report