Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mouse wheel zoom direction

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
269 Views, 6 Replies

mouse wheel zoom direction

Why does IV wheel zoom different to other AD products???

Im used to using the zoom wheel direction in IV now but it mistifies me why AD dont make all of there products zoom in the same way.

the decision to make IV different to autocad, (but the same as other 3d packages) has been taken and i have no problem with that. maybe they dont want to scare Acad users by changing there zoom there which is ok...

but why does a newish program like DWF viewer, (newer than when they made IV zoom the opposite way), not follow this trend.

I dont know what other AD products do but it seems a bit of a mish mash to have these programs working in a different way when standardizing would be so simple.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
MattH
in reply to: Anonymous

Get hold of Seans iTweak addin from www.sdotson.com
Cheers
MattH
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

im not looking to change my zoom in IV, you have been able to do that for a while by changing the regitry settings. it just anoys me that AD have chosen to go a certain direction with IV but not the rest of there programs
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Do ya want the long answer ... well you're gonna get it.

When Scroll mice first came out ADSK came out with their own standard - as scroll mice were first used with graphical based apps -
an MS sat down, thought about it and came out with their own.

All Acad based products still use the original ADSK standard.

All other apps, including Inv use the MS standard.

DWF decided to use the standard that the majority of their products use - Acad.

The good news is that DWF are looking at making their scroll direction changeable to it is compatible with both Acad & Inv -
sometime.

As well as using Sean's iTweak to change Inv scroll to the Acad/ADSK standard, you could alternatively use "rewheel16.arx" to
convert Acad's scroll direction to the MS standard. Rewheel.arx works in Acad2005/2006, AcadM2005/2006 & MDT2005/2006 it might also
work in the 2007 products.

Personally I find the Inv/MS standard far more logical, but it all depends upon what you're used to.

HTH
--
Duncan
"Humour ... is one man shouting gibberish in the face of authority, and proving by fabricated insanity that nothing could be as mad
as what passes for ordinary living."
(Terence 'Spike' Milligan K.B.E., 1918-2002)
www.autodesk.co.uk/inventorjobs

wrote in message news:5202530@discussion.autodesk.com...
Why does IV wheel zoom different to other AD products???

Im used to using the zoom wheel direction in IV now but it mistifies me why AD dont make all of there products zoom in the same way.

the decision to make IV different to autocad, (but the same as other 3d packages) has been taken and i have no problem with that.
maybe they dont want to scare Acad users by changing there zoom there which is ok...

but why does a newish program like DWF viewer, (newer than when they made IV zoom the opposite way), not follow this trend.

I dont know what other AD products do but it seems a bit of a mish mash to have these programs working in a different way when
standardizing would be so simple.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

I did attach the ARX in a zip file, but either my newsreader (OE6) chopped off the end of my posting or ADSK server diced my tail
end.

--
Duncan
"Humour ... is one man shouting gibberish in the face of authority, and proving by fabricated insanity that nothing could be as mad
as what passes for ordinary living."
(Terence 'Spike' Milligan K.B.E., 1918-2002)
www.autodesk.co.uk/inventorjobs

"Duncan Anderson" wrote in message news:5202555@discussion.autodesk.com...
Do ya want the long answer ... well you're gonna get it.

When Scroll mice first came out ADSK came out with their own standard - as scroll mice were first used with graphical based apps -
an MS sat down, thought about it and came out with their own.

All Acad based products still use the original ADSK standard.

All other apps, including Inv use the MS standard.

DWF decided to use the standard that the majority of their products use - Acad.

The good news is that DWF are looking a
t making their scroll direction changeable to it is compatible with both Acad & Inv -
sometime.

As well as using Sean's iTweak to change Inv scroll to the Acad/ADSK standard, you could alternatively use "rewheel16.arx" to
convert Acad's scroll direction to the MS standard. Rewheel.arx works in Acad2005/2006, AcadM2005/2006 & MDT2005/2006 it might also
work in the 2007 products.

Personally I find the Inv/MS standard far more logical, but it all depends upon what you're used
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

thanks duncan

so instead of standardizing the zoom AD are giving us the control as to which method we use. guess it makes sense and keeps everyone happy
Message 7 of 7
JDMather

>it might also work in the 2007 products

Zoom direction can be changed to the correct behavior in options in AutoCAD 2007.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report