Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mouse hovering issue in the model TREE, a very annoying delay.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
TJSlashhero
1128 Views, 2 Replies

Mouse hovering issue in the model TREE, a very annoying delay.

I'm having a very odd and annoying problem with Inventor and hovering my mouse over a part or feature in the model tree. None of my other coworkers are having this issue.

When I hover my mouse over something like the origin work planes in the model tree, I expect those work planes to highlight in my model window. Likewise, if I hover over a part or a sub assembly in the model tree, I expect it to highlight in the model window ... my inventor does not do this correctly, it'll highlight the previous thing I've hovered over and not the thing I'm currently hoverning over... 

Here is a specific example of what's going on: Say I start a new part, I expand the origin folder and I hover my curser over the YZ Plane in the model tree, typically I'd expect this plane to highlight in my model window, however while hovering over the YZ Plane, nothing shows up in my model window. If I next slide my cursor down and hover over the XZ Plane in the tree, I'll see the YZ Plane highlighted in my model window ... then if I again move my cursor down and hover over the XY Plane in the tree, I'll see the XZ plane highlighted in my model window. At this point, while hovering over the XY Plane in the tree, while my model window is highlighting the XZ Plane, I can then click on the XY Plane and at that point, it'll finally highlight the XY Plane.

In short ... what I hover over in the model tree will not highlight in my Inventor window UNTIL I move my curser off the part I wish to see highlighted and onto another part. This makes it a pain in the butt when I'm hovering over parts or features in my model tree in order to see them highlight in my model window so I know I've come across the thing I need, once I click on something that appears to be highlighted correctly in my window, I've already passed what I want and am now onto the next.

Again, no other coworkers are experiancing this issue, nor have I seen this in any other Inventor release. I just want to hover my curser over something and see it highlight in my model window.

Thanks for any help you can give.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: TJSlashhero

What version of Inventor?

Service packs up to date?

Graphics card and drivers?

........the usual questions.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 3
TJSlashhero
in reply to: JDMather

Well in answering your question I realized I had a driver from 2010 ... I just updated the driver and what do ya know ... it works now.

Slightly embarrassed, but thanks just the same for the help, in a round about way 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report