Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motion simulation-transporting a object

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
481 Views, 7 Replies

Motion simulation-transporting a object

I am doing a machine simulation.

To make it clear i am taking a example of rifle.

i want to first feed a bullet in barrel through a pushing rod which moves to and fro in front of barrel, it inserts the bullet into the barrel.

now When we shoot a bullet with a triger the bullet comes out from the barrel and hit the the target, in my simulation the triger

hits the bullet but the triger has a friction so the bullet just comes out from the barrel and falls down(and not shoot the target)

how can i give this type of friction? 

secondly --their is a robotic finger which holds the bullet at the same time when it comes out from the barrel and pass it to the other station(this station is parallel with the barrel. now again the rod hits this bullet into the second barrel, bullet goes inside, triger hits bullet, bullet comes out, robotic griper 

holds it pass it to another station,. a series of 4 station. after 4th station this bullet just fall down on earth. in other way i am transporting a object from one to other.  how can this be done.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

... how can this be done.

Environments>Dynamic Simulation.

What book are you using to learn Inventor?

Are you in a class to learn the software?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

HaHaHa 

I am not a student. 

I have done some simulations but you see i dont know how the gripper will pick the bullet and can move it to the next station i mean by which contact.

and if you read my post how to apply friction. also i wonder if the inventor will run so smoothly in this case? 

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Can anyone could tell me if its possible to pick and place objects in Dynamic motion analysis.

Message 5 of 8
JDMather

I didn't place in a specific location - but I think you get the idea -

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

this is very nice. 

so what contact did you take to pick and what contact for the body to lie on the surface.

and also i think your body is rectangular so its easy to pick  but is it still good if the body is of irregular shape?

Message 7 of 8
kmeldfreyssinet

Hi,

This is great.

Could you post some clues on how to define such simulation.

I am just now finishing assembly that would need similar solution in witch one part is transported by two others and do not have idea on how to define this.

Cris.

Message 8 of 8
ravikmb5
in reply to: kmeldfreyssinet

You can use Spatial Joint in DS to achieve your desired Motion

Here is an Example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx4aUxJUZNo&list=UUa_ZUgP5X_5Mi1exjHPiI8A

Please mark this response as Problem Solved if it answers your question.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ravi Kumar MB,
i7 860 Dell Studio XPS Win 7 64 bit 12 Gb RAM & HP Z220 SFF Workstation
Autodesk Inventor Certified professional 2016
Email: ravikmb5@gmail.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report