Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More Parts List problems

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
KevinPinks7697
303 Views, 6 Replies

More Parts List problems

I have two different screws in my assembly, both the same thread and length but with different head styles and both are from the Content Center. The Parts List shows them under the same item number. Why would this be when one is a panhead and one is a fillister head?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
cwhetten
in reply to: KevinPinks7697

When different part files are merged into one BOM row, it's usually because they have the same part number iProperty.  There is a default setting in the BOM to merge rows of each part with the same part number iProperty, but there is usually an exception for blank part numbers.

BOM merge 2.PNG

Check the part numbers for each of the bolts in question.

Cameron Whetten
Inventor 2014

Message 3 of 7
KevinPinks7697
in reply to: cwhetten

Yes you are right, the part numbers are the same, but the description is different. So what do I do now?

Message 4 of 7
KevinPinks7697

Also, since the part is from the Content Cneter, I cannot seem to delete the part number of one of the screws. Sorry, I am a little confused

Thanks

Message 5 of 7
mcgyvr
in reply to: KevinPinks7697

@KevinPinks7697 wrote:

Yes you are right, the part numbers are the same, but the description is different. So what do I do now?

Correct the incorrect part number. 

Just saw its a CC part.. I don't use CC but I think this might help http://synergiscadblog.com/2013/10/16/adding-company-part-numbers-to-inventors-content-center-via-ex...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 6 of 7
KevinPinks7697

So if my assembly already has all the hardware, do I have to replace all the hardware with the "edited" hardware?

Thanks

Message 7 of 7
KevinPinks7697

Another question. We at work here use what we call a PID (Part Identification Number) instead of Part Number, so in order to enter values for different hardware and have it show up under PID in the Parts List, as opposed to the "Part Number", how can I add this column in the "edited" Conter Center Excel file?

Thanks for your help?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report