Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mold design library does not work properly

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
huwu
1215 Views, 6 Replies

Mold design library does not work properly

I downloaded the full package of mold design library and installed it following instruction. Unfortunately, it does not work properly. I failed to insert a mold base after creating core and cavity. The pop up window of Vendor and Type is empty. Please help me to sort out this problem. Thank you very much.

HW

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
JDMather
in reply to: huwu

Is this what you see in your Projects settings?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
huwu
in reply to: JDMather

Thank you very much JDMather. Problem solved.

Message 4 of 7
JimStrenk
in reply to: huwu

Here's a quick tip using the dialog box that J.D. Uploaded.  After installing all 3 libraries, use the same dialog box to filter out libraries you won't need for a particular mold.  Based on what's available within the 3 libraries, I see that the only Imperial Mold Base comes from DME Manufacturing.  The majority of the Mold Bases are located in either the Metric Library or the Meusburger Library.  Both of these libraries are metric only.  If you find yourself doing this often, I would highly suggest that you set-up new projects to reflect the mold library you wish to use for a particular mold modeling job.

I also noticed that the Inventor 2013 WikiHelp has an error directing you to load the 2012 version of the 3 same libraries to include mold bases not included during installation.  2012.idcl and 2013.idcl files don't mix!  Check the 2013 Updates and Service Packs for the correct versions of the mold.idcl files for 2013.

Hope that helps!

Jim Strenk

Inventor 2012 Certified Associate
AutoCAD 2012 Certified Associate

Product Design Suite Ultimate 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016, 2017

Other than THAT, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play??
Message 5 of 7
bobvdd
in reply to: JimStrenk

Jim,

On this wiki help page we advise to go to this 2013 download location to install the additional mold alibraries.

So I don't see the version mismatch unless you are referring to a different help section of course.

Thanks

Bob

Bob Van der Donck

Principal UX designer DMG group
Message 6 of 7
JimStrenk
in reply to: bobvdd

@bobvdd wrote:

Jim,

On this wiki help page we advise to go to this 2013 download location to install the additional mold libraries.

So I don't see the version mismatch unless you are referring to a different help section of course.

Thanks

Bob

Bob, your absolutely correct.  No mismatching within the Inventor Tooling Tutorial.  I did see the error however within the the WikiHelp section of Tooling, towards the bottom of the Indiscies area on the left side of the page.  I think it's within the first three paragraphs.

I've also noticed that when beginning a Mold Design session, the check box meant to send you to the tooling tutorial sends to the top of the top of the Inventor 2013 WikiHelp pages rather than the expect tutorials section.

Jim Strenk

Inventor 2012 Certified Associate
AutoCAD 2012 Certified Associate

Product Design Suite Ultimate 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,2016, 2017

Other than THAT, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play??
Message 7 of 7
bobvdd
in reply to: JimStrenk

Jim,

I could not locate the topic in the "bottom of the index". Screenshot perhaps?

But I did log a defect for the fact that you are redirercted to the wrong place in the wiki when checking the tutorial checkbox : 1460659 Mold tutorial cannot be reached when creating a new Mold assembly

Good catch. Thanks for reportting this.

Bob

Bob Van der Donck

Principal UX designer DMG group

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report