Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mold Assembly causes Inv to crash under Win8

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
302 Views, 2 Replies

Mold Assembly causes Inv to crash under Win8

GDay All,

When trying to create a Mold Assembly whilst running Inventor 2013 Pro under Windows 8, the ribbon does not appear except for the tab titles and any attempt to expand the ribbon causes Inventor to crash.

Has anyone else experienced this?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
blair
in reply to: Anonymous

You are using a unsupported O/S for IV2013. Search this forum for other issues concerning Windows 8.

Check here: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=19048377&linkID=9240617

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: blair

Blair, you are quite correct in regards to Windows 8 being unsupported, but at some point it will be supported. Don't you think it would be nice to know what problems need to be fixed when that time comes?

My posting is more of a heads-up than anything else and yes I am aware of the other problems people are experiencing when running Inventor under Windows 8.

Personally, I don't like Windows 8 very much and that's why I only run it in a VM. There has been some improvements in some areas, but overall it's geared towards touch screen devices and is not entirely suited to the more traditional desktop machines.

I suppose that we should get used to the touch screen environment though, because in the not too distant future, that is probably all we will have. Desktops as we know them today will disappear soon, Intel already has plans in that direction at least.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report