Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

modifying diameter and radius dimensions

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jbellric
1094 Views, 4 Replies

modifying diameter and radius dimensions

My company is trying to Standardize all drawings produced to 1 format.  the one we are attempting to create would be in the form of: nominal upper limit^lower limit.  this is easily acheived in autocad and linear, chamfer, and hole/thread dimensions in inventor.  but radii's and diameters from a round surface (as apposed to linear diameters) we have run into a snag with.  We cannot seem to find a way to either remove the prefix symbols or be able to insert text between the symbol and tolerance.

below is a illistration of the problem and the form of the new dimensions.

if anyone knows where i can find these controles, the information would be much appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: jbellric

@jbellric wrote:

My company is trying to Standardize ....

What standard are you using?  (Example - ASME/ANSI Y14.41).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
jbellric
in reply to: JDMather

we aren't really using a set ANSI standard right now.  every engineer has his own method right now.

Message 4 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: jbellric

@jbellric wrote:

we aren't really using a set ANSI standard right now.  every engineer has his own method right now.

Perhaps the easiest way to introduce and enforce a common standard is to agree to use a National Standard.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
jbellric
in reply to: JDMather

I have been trying for the last 3 years but this is what the management feel is our better option.  so back to the original question: Is there a way to remove the diameter and radius symbol from appearing on their own?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums