Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modifying 3D dimensions in Inventor LT

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Pebblebrook
2345 Views, 4 Replies

Modifying 3D dimensions in Inventor LT

Quick question...

Once a 3D object is drawn/completed in Inventor LT, how does one go back to the object to change the length/radius of certain objects without having to completely redrawn the object.  For instance, imagine a bike wheel that is fully draw.  Later perhaps one wants to go back to the wheel and adjust the radius of the spokes and the length.  How does one do this quickly.  In 2D I see how, but can this also be done in 3D with Inventor LT?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

pb

Working with... Autodesk: AutoCAD Inventor LT Suite 2013 | OS: Windows 7 | GC: ATI 6670 | Mem: 8 gigs RAM | Proc: Intel core i5 | Monitor: Acer V213HL
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mcgyvr
in reply to: Pebblebrook

I'm not familiar with the limitations of LT.. (I thought you just couldn't make assemblies/iam files) so I'm assuming the part environment is identical to regular Inventor.. And if so you simply open the ipt file and edit the 2d sketches used to create the 3d features.

You should have the model browser tool bar open and look at the tree and find the feature you want to modify then simply right click and select "edit sketch"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 5

Hi Pebblebrook, 

As mcgyvr mentioned you'll find the edit tools in the right-click of the feature browser node of the model. Choose Edit Sketch to edit the 2D, and Edit Feature to edit the 3D. When editing a feature you are presented with the same tools used to create the feature originally.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Autodesk Inventor Edit Sketch Edit 2D Edit Feature Edit 3D.png

Message 4 of 5

Thank you for your posts.  We found an option called 3D grips that changed the 3d image into a wire frame and allows us to adjust it there. but if this option fails, ill be sure to use the one's you provided.

Thanks again

pb

Working with... Autodesk: AutoCAD Inventor LT Suite 2013 | OS: Windows 7 | GC: ATI 6670 | Mem: 8 gigs RAM | Proc: Intel core i5 | Monitor: Acer V213HL
Message 5 of 5
mcgyvr
in reply to: Pebblebrook

@Pebblebrook wrote:

Thank you for your posts.  We found an option called 3D grips that changed the 3d image into a wire frame and allows us to adjust it there. but if this option fails, ill be sure to use the one's you provided.

Thanks again

pb

You skipped the basics with that method which I would NEVER suggest as you are clearly a beginner. Learn to edit the features sketches by the methods we talked about.. Then later use 3d grips if you want.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report