Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify material from excel

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
bkline1
231 Views, 2 Replies

Modify material from excel

I currently have an assembly model set up to be parameter driven by an attached excel spread sheet. With this parameter sheet I am able to drive the size and shape of all 7 parts of my assembly. I would like additional functionality to be able to control what material all 7 pieces are constructed from by simply modifying the top level spread sheet. Is this a possibility? I am new to Inventor, but I have been able to catch on quickly. I am aware of the capabilities of writing a macro using VB, but unfortunately at this time, I have not had any time to try and learn code writing. Any help would be greatly appreciated...
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: bkline1

The material property can only be controlled by VB(A) or by means of iParts. Currently you cannot control the material by an Excel spreadsheet (unless it's an iPart). -- Sean Dotson, PE Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert http://www.sdotson.com Check the Inventor FAQ for most common questions www.sdotson.com/faq.html ----------------------------------------------------------------------- "bkline" wrote in message news:3605677.1075750369111.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I currently have an assembly model set up to be parameter driven by an attached excel spread sheet. With this parameter sheet I am able to drive the size and shape of all 7 parts of my assembly. I would like additional functionality to be able to control what material all 7 pieces are constructed from by simply modifying the top level spread sheet. Is this a possibility? I am new to Inventor, but I have been able to catch on quickly. I am aware of the capabilities of writing a macro using VB, but unfortunately at this time, I have not had any time to try and learn code writing. Any help would be greatly appreciated...
Message 3 of 3
bkline1
in reply to: bkline1

Sean,

Thanks for your reply... I actually used your web site's tutorials to impliment my parameter driven model. Thanks for the insight...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report