Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify Content Center Part

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Francis.Foley
814 Views, 3 Replies

Modify Content Center Part

Looking for help, I have a content centre part, that I want to modify (drill holes)  for use in a particular assembly. I only want this modification to occur in this assembly. I want to reuse the content center part unmodified in other assemblies.

How do I acheive this? Thanks in Advance

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mpatchus
in reply to: Francis.Foley

If you insert the CC part as "CUSTOM" and save it to your project folder, you should be able to modify the part as desired without impacting the standard CC part.

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 3 of 4
CCarreiras
in reply to: Francis.Foley

Hi!

You can place the part in the assembly as "Custom". This will save the Content Center part as a file in your  project folder. Then you can edit the part.

Clipboard10.png 

You can't edit Standard Content Center parts because they are "read only". You can make a copy inside Content Center and edit the parameters for a different part, or

You can edit your "custom" part and publish again in the content Center in your Custom Library.

Clipboard04.png

Tip: As possible, edit the Custom Content Center Part based in his own parameters.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 4 of 4

Thanks to both contributors, however I'm after discovering another way, I had imported the part to use in a weldment and the machining process allowed me to drill the holes. See below the holes I've added under the machining tab.

Content Center Part Crop.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report