Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modeling Screw Threads

23 REPLIES 23
Message 1 of 24
burkar0615
4485 Views, 23 Replies

Modeling Screw Threads

Greetings all.

I'm having a difficult time figuring out how to properly model a screw thread around the point of the screw.

I have gotten the coil to taper to the point, however, I'm unable to get thread to terminate properly. 

Essentially, the pitch remains the same as it moves down the taper, but the major/minor is diminishing until it terminates cleanly at the point.

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

23 REPLIES 23
Message 21 of 24
kelly.young
in reply to: burkar0615

@burkar0615 If you are doing a single diameter shaft with a standard 135° drill point it is easy to accomplish with the coil command and setup your groove to cut. If you have complex geometry for something like an auger, propeller, or cement mixer (there are a few cool examples of these in the forum discussions) using surfaces to prepare helps. Attached is a quick attempt to give you a better idea of commands you may want to use.

Message 22 of 24
mcgyvr
in reply to: kelly.young

@kelly.young

That post was from 5+ years ago..

krazykiwi whatever necroposted this thread..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 23 of 24
kelly.young
in reply to: mcgyvr

Maybe @burkar0615 will be enticed to come back and let us know if he figured out his iLogic screw setup! @1krazykiwi keeping the "thread" alive. 

Message 24 of 24
danmachen
in reply to: 1krazykiwi

Perhaps this was developed after the original post, but this tool from coolOrange is a dream for thread modelling (if you need to model any threads in the first place).

https://apps.autodesk.com/INVNTOR/en/Detail/Index?id=2540506896683021779

Its available for for free on the Autodesk App Exchange!

Dan Machen
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Ideas that need support:
Circular / Rectangular Point Matrix
Allow Axis & Plane Selection on Rectangular / Circular pattern
Graphical iLogic Programming

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report