Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modeling question 3d sweep?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
140 Views, 6 Replies

Modeling question 3d sweep?

How would I go about modeling this beast? It is basically a flattened tube wrapped around to form a hoop. I got this from a customer as an E-drawing to do a quote. I Know that I can request a SAT or STEP file from them and work from that but I would like to know if I can reproduce this in inventor and where to start. Tracy
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Wow, I hope that your job doesn't depend making this work! Still, it looks like a good challenge. I'll try a few things and let you know if I get anywhere. -Mike "Tracy Yoho" wrote in message news:40191e16_1@newsprd01... > How would I go about modeling this beast? It is basically a flattened tube > wrapped around to form a hoop. I got this from a customer as an E-drawing to > do a quote. I Know that I can request a SAT or STEP file from them and work > from that but I would like to know if I can reproduce this in inventor and > where to start. > Tracy > > >
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Got any more views? Trying to figure what is going on at the ends.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Here are a couple more pictures. I don't know how to describe the ends
either but I would be happy with the helix hoop as a start.

"JDMATHER" <nospam@address.withheld> wrote in message
news:11777402.1075496359675.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2...
> Got any more views? Trying to figure what is going on at the ends.

Attachment not added (too large): "helix_strap.zip"
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

I played with this some, but I only got as far as creating a helix ring
path. I can't get any profile to follow it for some reason. So far, the
only success I've had with it is to sweep a very short line along the path
to create a twisted surface, and that doesn't even follow the path as I
expected, but it's a start.

-Mike

"Tracy Yoho" <tyoho@netzero.net> wrote in message
news:401e4d01_2@newsprd01...
> Here are a couple more pictures. I don't know how to describe the ends
> either but I would be happy with the helix hoop as a start.
>
> "JDMATHER" <nospam@address.withheld> wrote in message
> news:11777402.1075496359675.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2...
> > Got any more views? Trying to figure what is going on at the ends.
>
>
>

Attachment not added (too large): "ring helix.ipt"
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Great job. Thanks for the leg up. Tracy "mpower" wrote in message news:401e508c_2@newsprd01... > I played with this some, but I only got as far as creating a helix ring > path. I can't get any profile to follow it for some reason. So far, the > only success I've had with it is to sweep a very short line along the path > to create a twisted surface, and that doesn't even follow the path as I > expected, but it's a start. > > -Mike > > > > "Tracy Yoho" wrote in message > news:401e4d01_2@newsprd01... > > Here are a couple more pictures. I don't know how to describe the ends > > either but I would be happy with the helix hoop as a start. > > > > "JDMATHER" wrote in message > > news:11777402.1075496359675.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2... > > > Got any more views? Trying to figure what is going on at the ends. > > > > > > > > >
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

I used a similar (if not identical method) and manage to get a simple profile to sweep. If you make it an assymetrical profile, you'll see it twists in a wierd fashion. Perhaps you can use a set of spirals as rails for a loft? I'm a bit tied up, but when I can, I'll try it. See iCF for the file. -- Rui ruivaz@cadmais.pt www.cadmais.pt "Tracy Yoho" wrote in message news:401e7910_1@newsprd01... > > Great job. Thanks for the leg up. > Tracy > > "mpower" wrote in message > news:401e508c_2@newsprd01... > > I played with this some, but I only got as far as creating a helix ring > > path. I can't get any profile to follow it for some reason. So far, the > > only success I've had with it is to sweep a very short line along the path > > to create a twisted surface, and that doesn't even follow the path as I > > expected, but it's a start. > > > > -Mike > > > > > > > > "Tracy Yoho" wrote in message > > news:401e4d01_2@newsprd01... > > > Here are a couple more pictures. I don't know how to describe the ends > > > either but I would be happy with the helix hoop as a start. > > > > > > "JDMATHER" wrote in message > > > news:11777402.1075496359675.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2... > > > > Got any more views? Trying to figure what is going on at the ends. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report