Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modeling - Easy?????

20 REPLIES 20
Message 1 of 21
jbryant4
660 Views, 20 Replies

Modeling - Easy?????

Something that would take about 2 minutes to model in AutoCAD........I have drawn a sketch, and extruded it....Now I want to simply move the part 6" in the direction of the extrusion.....Seems as if I can only move in directions of the sketch plate, not in the direction of the extrusion......Have looked through help, and as always, found nice graphics but absolutely no help on this seemingly simple task...Can someone help me here....Thanks
20 REPLIES 20
Message 21 of 21
Anonymous
in reply to: jbryant4

IMO easily under 2.5 hours. As stated elsewhere in this thread, the true power comes in when you need to make a simple change. In Inventor changing the diameter of the platform could be linked to the length of each of the Ibeams. Change one dimension and they all change. Personally I don't see how anyone can stand working in AutoCAD 3D. To me it's like trying to create an AutoCAD drawing using an etch-a-sketch. -- Sean Dotson, PE Autodesk Inventor Certified Expert http://www.sdotson.com Check the Inventor FAQ for most common questions www.sdotson.com/faq.html ----------------------------------------------------------------------- "jbryant4" wrote in message news:6645006.1073570740571.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > OK....I posted it....Let me know how long you think you could do it in Invenotr...It took approx. 2 1/2 hours in acad....I think the problemm i was having in inventor was due to the fact that I was trying to put together multiple parts in a "part" file..If I do it in an assembly file, I probably can do it much easier.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report