Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing "Edit with Frame Generator"

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
2958 Views, 4 Replies

Missing "Edit with Frame Generator"

I've tried searching the forums for this but have not found the solution.   

We have a multi-member frame generator assembly.  Some of the frame members are demoted to make sub-assemblies.  One of these sub-assemblies is giving us problems.   The FG options are missing.  Ex.  "Edit with Frame Generator" and "Delete with Frame Generator".... 

Yesterday, we changed the size of the member using "Edit with Frame Generator" but decided against the change and just simply closed the file wihout saving.  Upon opening the drawing back up, the change was present and the FG options were missing. 

We have tried restoring previous versions.  We have tried replacing the member with the original member file that we wanted using Component Replace.  Nothing has restored the FG functionality.   (Other sub-assemblies and the overall assembly are unaffected and have the FG options).  However, we cannot even just delete this subassembly and try again.  Delete is not an option. 

Does anybody know how to get rid of it or restore the link to the frame generator?

Thanks in advance.  

Molly Wood

Inventor Profesional 2012

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Did you ever work this out?

Thanks in advance

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Just started experiencing this problem midway through constructing a frame.

I can still use the ribbon based commands to change the frame but the right click FG options are gone.

any ideas? 

using IV2012 fully updated on a fairly fresh XP32 install. 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

If I'm understand you correctly you need to expand the demoted FG member and use the RMB/Edit With FG command. See below.

Tip - don't demote the member again or you will break the link with the FG assembly and loose any changes and G_L updates. 1 demote only!

Capture.JPG

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

my issue did not involve demoted parts/assemblies...

RMB  in the history tree did not give me the FG context menu.

In the end I stepped back to an older save after a reboot and my RMB FG context menus where back

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report