Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing pictures from idw

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Dan_Margulius
1269 Views, 10 Replies

Missing pictures from idw

Hello,

I have a serious problem with missing pictures from idw.Now i am working with ver 2011 sp1 on win xp 64bit.

The drawings where made with ver 2010 and where migrated ofcourse. I have also installed the hotfix that has to do with missing annotations from ver2010. I am attaching 2,3 bitmaps to the drawing everything is fine do a save and close.

Then i reopen the drawing and i am checking the sheets suddenly the bitmaps dissapeared. The weird thing is that I have a drawing with 5 sheets and in sheet no 3 bitmaps are missing and in sheet 5 the bitmaps are there. I need help with this please.

Thanks,

Dan 

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Dan_Margulius

Did you ever figure this out?

Message 3 of 11

Hy ,

No , I have no solution. I have a support case , also they dont know why this happens. I thought to open it here maybe some AD software developer can help. I provided the dataset and pictures of the problem but the support team says that if the problem is not reproducable then development will close it. Not everything is reproducable these days, every pc is different from the other,different drivers and so on...

Maybe someone had this problem  in the past and has a solution.

Thanks,

Dan    

Message 4 of 11
Dan_Margulius
in reply to: Anonymous

It appears i am not the only one with this problem. I hope we can make enough buzz around here so the guys fro Autodesk  will

fix this

Dan 

Message 5 of 11
bobvdd
in reply to: Dan_Margulius

Hi Dan ,

Not sure how large your data set is but can you forward it to me at bob.van.der.donck@autodesk.com?

Preferably the 2010 one but if you no longer have that, the 2011 one will do.

Thanks.

Bob

Bob Van der Donck

Principal UX designer DMG group
Message 6 of 11
JDMather
in reply to: bobvdd

I reported similar problem here months ago.
I have a template with a picture logo in the titleblock. 
If I open the file to edit the picture is there.
If I start a new file from the template - no picture.
This has been reported by others here as well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 7 of 11
dave.anderson
in reply to: JDMather

I've seen a few instances of this and discovered that you can get around the issue.

When you insert an image file into Inventor, it's converted to .bmp. Inventor can only display images as .bmp. Knowing that, I test any case I see with this by converting the .xyz image format to .bmp BEFORE inserting into Inventor.

So far, so good.

I hope this helps.

**Disclaimer Current Product version with latest available SP Robot Very Happy

Dave Anderson
Sr. Support Engineer– CAM
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 8 of 11

We are also seeing this issue. Some images remain whilst some disappear, in the same drawing. This also seems to only happen on one of the eight computers we use Inventor on.

Inv 2011

Win7 64 Bit version

Pete

Message 9 of 11
Ktelang
in reply to: PeterTomlinson

Thanks Dave,

I had same problem as JDMather has discussed.

The *.bmp, I am aware of the fact that inventor supports *.bmp.

The linking the *.bmp is not a good practice when working with mutiple sheets in

one dwg. It crashes the drawing and corrupts the file, in case you try changing

the image file.

I had experienced this problem few days back. Does anyone face the same problem ?

I nomore link the *.bmp in the titleblock logo that the workaround I suppose.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Config :: Intel (R) Xeon (R) CPU E31245 @ 3.30 GHz, 16.0 GB, 64bit win7
Inventor 2013 and Vault Basic 2013
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 10 of 11
jeanchile
in reply to: Ktelang

I have recently had the same issue where the "placeholder" was there and I could select it/ delete it/resize it, whatever, but the graphics were not displayed. My file was originally a .bmp file so the "Convert it prior" solution above was void.

I deleted the file and reinserted it (in all of the title blocks Smiley Sad) and it seems to be working now.

Inventor Professional
Message 11 of 11

I am experiencing the same problem as JD, even though I always convert my images to BMP before using them with Inventor.

My situation is, in my template files I have two titleblocks each with the same image inserted 'not linked.' When a new file is created from the template the first 'base' titleblock comes in fine, the second 'alternate' titleblock does not display the image. To further this the titleblock also does not display the image when it is copied directly from the template part into the next part.

To troubleshoot this I have done the following;

Apply Hotfix for Images [Hotfix corrected printing for displayed images, alternate image still missing]

Open image in MSPaint save as true 24-bit BMP [No change from prior]

Rename one image prior to inserting [No Change]

When editing the 'alternate' titleblock to correct this the prior image is still available only as an area. When attempting to 'edit' with the option to edit image in Inventor the image file cannot be displayed. When looking at links instead of being shown as a basic 'embedding' it is displayed with filename and a size of '0.' Consistently.

Prior titleblocks created in previous versions still work but due to a standards change I am creating new titleblocks which are behaving poorly.

----------------------------
Kristopher Reaves

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report