Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

missing FEA results files / check in issue

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ProximaConsulting
4453 Views, 4 Replies

missing FEA results files / check in issue

I am trying to check-in an assembly, however there  are missing .fins,.fsat,.ftes, fmsh and .fres files that cannot be found on my local machine, in the vault or on the other machines on our CAD network. 

is there a way to remove references to these files so the assembly can be checked into the vault? 

any help would be greatly appreciated. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ozitag
in reply to: ProximaConsulting

You should have a folder with 3rd party documents at the very top of the browser tree. Delete these and you should be right to save and check in.  If you still have a problem you can go into the stress analysis environment and delete all the analyses. Then make sure all the 3rd party docs are gone and save and check in.

Regards,

Ozitag

IV 2010
Message 3 of 5
henderh
in reply to: ozitag

Ozitag is correct, you can delete the OLE links in the browser in releases previous to R2012.  Beginning in R2012, we still have the OLE links, but they are no longer displayed in the browser.

I can recommend two different ways to sever the OLE links:

1)  Delete the links in the modeling environment via Tools tab, Links command and save the model file

2)  In the Stress Analysis environment, uncheck 'Create OLE Link to Result Files' and save the model file

Hope this helps! -Hugh

Hugh Henderson
QA Engineer (Fusion Simulation)
Message 4 of 5
ProximaConsulting
in reply to: henderh

Thanks for you help Hugh. Deleting the links worked.

Message 5 of 5
henderh
in reply to: ProximaConsulting

Hi Ozitag,

Thanks for the follow-up letting us know it works!

If there ever was a "top ten FAQ" about Stress Analysis, this would most likely be one of them.

So, I've added the information to the R2013 Wikihelp Smiley Happy

Best, -Hugh

Hugh Henderson
QA Engineer (Fusion Simulation)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report