Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing 'design view representation' from 2013

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
ChrisBorthwick
498 Views, 3 Replies

Missing 'design view representation' from 2013

My company have recently upgraded from Inventor 2010 to Inventor 2013, on the whole I like it a lot better but there is one feature I can't find or Autodesk have removed. I have attached an image of what I mean if I haven't explained it very well but on the browser bar there used to be a drop down 'design view representation' that you could change back to 'master' quickly. I found this very useful as I often use the 'visible' tool to hide parts then want to unhide them all at once. Is there another way of doing what I want or does this tool exist hidden away somewhere else?

thanks for any help!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
SBix26
in reply to: ChrisBorthwick

Under the assembly in the browser there is a Representations folder if you right click on that folder you can choose Representation..., which will pop up a box allowing you to choose View, Postional, and LOD representations.  Or, you can expand the Representations folder and the View folder under that, where you will find all your View Reps and can switch to any of them by double clicking.

Message 3 of 4

Ok, thanks for that. I did know about that already it's just a longer winded way of doing it and I was looking for a quick button like on 2010. Basically all I want is something to unhide all parts that have been hidden or made 'not visible'.

thanks anyway

Message 4 of 4
SBix26
in reply to: ChrisBorthwick

When working in an assembly, I typically leave the View Reps folder expanded, then I can double click quickly to change from one to another.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report