Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

missing content center

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
ScottMiller8387
6648 Views, 15 Replies

missing content center

I tried to "place from content center" and when the window opened, all of the files are missing.  It worked earlier in the day, but now nothing.  I am using Inventor Porduct Design Suite 2012 on a x64 Windows 7 install.  I have four machines on a network with a shared contnet center.  All fo the machines have the same issues.  I looked at the network location and it is correct and the files seem to be in place.  When I open an assembly that has CC files, everything works fine.

Ideas?

Scott Miller

Scott Miller

Inventor Professional 2019 x64
Intel i7-5820K(3.3 ghz)
32GB ram
Quadro K4200 4GB
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
blair
in reply to: ScottMiller8387

Check your "Projects" file. Sounds like your CC is unslected or check the "Filters" in the CC, you might be filtering our everthing.

Capture.JPG

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 16
ScottMiller8387
in reply to: blair

When I look at the desktop content through the projects file, all of the files are red and indicate Not Available. 

Scott Miller

Intel i7-5820K(3.3 ghz)
32GB ram
Quadro K4200 4GB
Message 4 of 16
blair

Looks like something is wrong with your location pointers in the Inventor Application settings>Content Center>Inventor Desktop Conten:

Or you have problems on your network. Can you navigate to the CC location on the server via your machines Windows Explorer?

Possibly sounds like you might have a problem with a mapped drive or Shares

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 16
ScottMiller8387

The pointer to Desktop Content is correct.  I am leaning at network problems, but I still see all of the files previously placed.  We have our IT tech adding a couple of new users to the network, but nothing should have changed on my system.  I am trying to rule out other issues before I go ask him what is up.

Scott Miller

Intel i7-5820K(3.3 ghz)
32GB ram
Quadro K4200 4GB
Message 6 of 16

I have retarted Inventor and comletely re-booted the computer.  Nothing.  Anyone got any other suggestions?

Scott Miller

Intel i7-5820K(3.3 ghz)
32GB ram
Quadro K4200 4GB
Message 7 of 16
blair

You still haven't answered all the questions! Can you navigate to the folder on the server from within the Windows Explorer (Computer Icon) on your system?

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 8 of 16
ScottMiller8387

Sorry, I thought I answered that.

Yes, I can navigate there.  There are files in that location.  I have tried re-linking to that location.

Scott Miller

Intel i7-5820K(3.3 ghz)
32GB ram
Quadro K4200 4GB
Message 9 of 16
blair

When you click on the link at the top of the screen (edit Projects file: picture I posted) will this link open the directory on the server where the CC files are?

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 10 of 16
ScottMiller8387

Yes.

Scott Miller

Intel i7-5820K(3.3 ghz)
32GB ram
Quadro K4200 4GB
Message 11 of 16
blair

Try or get your IT guy to log in on one of your machines that is having problems with a Administrative privileges and see if the problem still exists.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 12 of 16
ScottMiller8387

Ok.  I will go get him to do that.

Scott Miller

Intel i7-5820K(3.3 ghz)
32GB ram
Quadro K4200 4GB
Message 13 of 16

I am definitely leaning network.  The admin can't even see the mapped network drives and it crashed all shared files.  We are re-booting server and going to see what happens then.

Thanks for the help.  I will post again when I get back up and going.

Scott Miller

Intel i7-5820K(3.3 ghz)
32GB ram
Quadro K4200 4GB
Message 14 of 16

It was the netrwork.  Server was having major identity issues.  Re-booted server and it all works again.

Thanks for the help.

Scott Miller

Intel i7-5820K(3.3 ghz)
32GB ram
Quadro K4200 4GB
Message 15 of 16

Ok, this has happened again.  Everything worked fine through lunch, but stopped working mid-afternoon.  We have re-booted teh server and each of the workstations.  Nothing.  Application options is still pointed to the correct file location and the files are there.  I tried to edit the CC and the only stuff there is the custom content I have created.

Suggestions?

Scott Miller

Intel i7-5820K(3.3 ghz)
32GB ram
Quadro K4200 4GB
Message 16 of 16

Upon returning to work, the problem seems to have solved itself.  No chnages overniight, just a new day.  I am guessing at this point we have some kind of network problem.  I am referring it on to IT and see f they can figure out what keeps happening.

Scott Miller

Intel i7-5820K(3.3 ghz)
32GB ram
Quadro K4200 4GB

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report