Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

missing content center

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
mies07
1193 Views, 9 Replies

missing content center

I somehow forgot to check the CC "Other" library upon install. Would like to put AI2015_Inventor OTHER.idcl in my library location. I found the idz file AI2015_Inventor OTHER.idz on my install thumbdrive, but cannot figure out how to extract it to a .idcl file. Other posts have made reference to .zip files that are supposed to be on the install media, but I cannot find them. I found an executable on the Autodesk web site

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-in...

but this seems to be for installing on a Vault server and I am afraid to try it.

I have also tried installing from the media setup.exe per screen shot belowInstall.jpg

but nothing happens when I click on the CC tab.

Can someone please just send me the AI2015_Inventor OTHER.idcl file or tell me where I can download it? This is rediculous, should not be so labyrithine to install a missing library.

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
CCarreiras
in reply to: mies07

Hi!

Have you already try to go to the project manager and access to the library's manager.

Here you can able the custom library and also create a new one or migrate a old one.

Clipboard12.png

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 10
mies07
in reply to: CCarreiras

Thanks for your reply, but yes, of course, that was the first thing I tried. When I try to transfer from Desktop Content to Vault, none of the libraries except the custom libraries are available for transfer.

Tranbsfer Settings.JPG

I also tried to download the executable Vault library installers from the link in original post, and the batch file (.bat) repreatedly failed

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-in...

Surely there must be a simple way to install these standard libraries from the installation media (thumbdrive) without jumping through all these hoops!

Message 4 of 10
ampster402

You used to be able to either re-run the install routine or go into Control Panel > Programs & Features (don't recall WinXP now) and run a Repair/Change on the install - then you could install the entire CC or portions of it.

I tried both methods with 2015 and there does't appear to be an option to do this now.

Watching this thread as I'd like to load the "Other" CC library as well which didn't appear after installing 2015 with what I thought was the entire CC library.

Message 5 of 10
CESAR200

Hello mies07,

I see you are trying to reinstall the libraries using the media but through the 'Install Tools & Utilities' option.  Instead of that, choose 'Install' in the main Window of the installation Wizard.

Wizard - Install option.png

When you get to the "Install > Configure Installation" window, scroll down to the Shared Components section and click the drop down arrow under "Autodesk Inventor Content Libraries".

Wizard - Inventor Content Libraries.png

Try to install the missing libraries from there.

I hope this helps.

Cesar Valencia
Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 6 of 10
ampster402
in reply to: CESAR200

sorry to cut in on the OP's question, Thank You Cesar for your reply.

Due to every time I install Adesk software I usually have to end up calling or contacting somebody for assistance in getting the software registered, Do you know Cesar if this may screw up my currently registered and authorized to used 2015 software?

I ask because going thru the Install button - one of the first few screens I'm facing is of entering a serial number and do not want to have to contact Autodesk again to sort that out.

Message 7 of 10
CESAR200
in reply to: ampster402

Hello ampster,

The licensing information is kept in the hard disk no matter if the program is reinstalled or uninstalled.  If you reinstall Autodesk Inventor using the same serial number and product key, the program will find the existing license information so activation should not be necessary.

Since in this case we are talking about modifying the installation of the CC libraries, which don't require activation, there should be no licensing issues either.

I hope that answers your question.

Cesar Valencia
Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 8 of 10
ampster402

Is it possible the "Other" CC library has been incorporated into another library?

I went into the install and discovered it thinks the "Other Standard Content" library is loaded, but yet there's no .idcl file named as such like there used to be in the past;

2015-missing_OTHER-cc.png

When I go into Inventor 2015 and insert a CC part, The Filter list doesn't show "Other" but there is a "Other Parts" option in the parts tree;

2015-missing_OTHER-cc-2.png

Message 9 of 10
CESAR200
in reply to: ampster402

This looks more like an installation issue.  If the corresponding .idcl file is missing, you can copy it from another computer where it's working normally.  But I believe the safest thing to do is to uninstall the libraries from the Control Panel > Programs and Features, and then reinstall them from your product media or download.

Cesar Valencia
Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 10 of 10
ampster402

I followed your instructions and uninstalled the CC thru the Control Panel.  When I went back into the install routine, it was interesting to note it thought the entire CC library was still installed.  So I unchecked all the CC libraries and then rechecked them and clicked the install button.

This time the OTHER .idcl file appeared.  Seems like there's a couple more options now under the Other section within the CC insert window.

I'd be curious if the OP got this resolved?

Thanks for your assistance Cesar

Steve

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report