Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Browser Toolbar

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
ineedhelp
3446 Views, 5 Replies

Missing Browser Toolbar

I realize that the missing browser toolbar phenomenon has been asked a few times on this website, but I am having a problem with the answer.

When I log onto my computer and open Inventor Pro (I believe it is the 2009 or 2010 version, but just might be 2011),  I can not see the browser bar that is usually on the left hand side of the screen. I make sure that browser bar is checked under "View," and it is checked. What are the registry editing strings that need to be edited in order to get this to work, or is there another way to do this without editing the registry?

Please help me! I tried the following edit but I cannot find "DockingAreas" under RegistryVersion7.0, and all of that is under HKEY LOCAL MACHINE, not CURRENT_USERS...

"Look at
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor\RegistryVersion7.0\DockingAreas\BrowserBar
and see if changing the left and top to match mine helps" 

Please help quickly! I need the browser to finish a sketch due very soon.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
gerhick
in reply to: ineedhelp

Try this one:

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Autodesk\Inventor\RegistryVersion15.0\System\Preferences\Browser

There's 'Left Edge Docking', 'Main Window Docking' and 'Visible' Keys in there for you to play with...

Good Luck

PointZero Design and Drafting
Message 3 of 6
ineedhelp
in reply to: gerhick

thanks, but

what is it that I should change?

Message 4 of 6
gerhick

I'm not sure to be honest...

Mine are set to:

Left Edge Docking = 0

Main Window Docking = 1

Visible = 1

Personally, I'd first check to see if they're the same as those above, then, assuming they are the same, change them all to 0, then save the registry and re-start inventor, if nothing has changed, close inventor, then change them back, save, and re-try Inventor.

If that doesn't help at all, I'd look at changing your graphics display settings in Windows.. set your screen resolution to minimum, check Inventor, and then set your screen resolution back to normal... Sometimes this causes windows which may be outside the normal viewing area to move inwards... It's not a bullet proof solution... but that's what I would do.

PointZero Design and Drafting
Message 5 of 6
ineedhelp

I tried it, and it still does not work. Please help.

Message 6 of 6
farmerandy7481

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report