Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing appearance asset

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
441 Views, 5 Replies

Missing appearance asset

I created a host of materials with a certain appearance etc and saved them as a library. When I open my Inventor 2013 this morning I seemed to have lost my appearances. It says my materials are missing the Appearance asset - see attached screenshot.

What is this, and how can I rectify the problem? 

Many thanks,

Adrian

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Check your project file under appearance libraries to make sure the library you created is there and it is not red.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Thanks John. I had a look, everything is fine and nothing in red. I have the updates and hot fixes applied a while back too. I believe my machine is getting Inventor 2014 this week still so perhaps that will solve it? I don't know. But it will be quite annoying to have to create all those appearances again. 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Anyone? 🙂 

I removed the library, saved, closed, opened Inventor, added the library to the material and appearances, saved, closed again, opened again and same problem. 

Message 5 of 6
piotr_kowalski

I also have this problem. There is some error in aplication - Inventor Material Library doesn't remember appearance

Piotr

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: piotr_kowalski

I think my problem was that I PURGED the styles... Not a good idea when you say "yes to all". So far my problem has been resolved. Otherwise make sure you have all the service packs installed too. 

Cheers,
Adrian

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report