Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mismatch between simulation definition / results

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
Jabm
600 Views, 13 Replies

Mismatch between simulation definition / results

Hi there,

I have been getting the error message below when entering stress analysis:

There is a mismatch between the simulation definition and the simulation results data stored in C:\_VaultWork\..... The data will have to be recomputed.

This is a problem that several people in my company have been experiecing. There is another post on these forums talking about the same problem, suggesting that is related to having two users working on the same model through Vault. We do use Vault, but only one person ever works on each model. Also, it doesn't seem to make a difference whether the model is checked in to Vault or not, the problem still occurs when using a model that is only ever saved on C:\. It seems to be random if the results are saved correctly or this mismatch occurs. Sometimes it happens for all simulations in a model, sometimes it happens for some simulations, and sometimes it doesn't happen to any.

The other post about this problem also suggested changing the Vault prompt "Some properties in file '{0}' may be out of date. Would you like to..." to "Always Prompt". All of my Vault prompts are set to Always Prompt, but I do not have the "Some properties in file..." prompt in my list.

Thanks for any advice you can give,

James

Inventor Pro 2014 - SP2

Windows 7 64bit

Intel Core i7-4960X

64GB RAM

Nvidia quadro K4000

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
lkrenzler
in reply to: Jabm

I have the same issue.  Was there ever a way to fix this?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inventor Pro 2019 - Win. 10 - GeForce GTX 1080 .
Message 3 of 14
wpoppe28GHN
in reply to: Jabm

I have experienced the same issue this morning. 

Since this topic is some years old a expect it must be solved by this time, so how should I solve this?

Message 4 of 14
johnsonshiue
in reply to: wpoppe28GHN

Hi! Please share a bit more detail. Share your files here. I am not sure if your issue is the same as this original posting.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 14
wpoppe28GHN
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Hi Mr. Johnson,

Here are some of the details:

When the FEA is completed I save the file. At the end of the day I check in all the files, FEA-files included, and turn off my computer. The next day I turn on my computer again, start Inventor, open the assembly, check out the assembly and open the FEA environment. Then the error will occur. 

Since it is a quite big assembly (pack&go = 1,4gb) I won't share it in this forum topic.

Is it possible to share it with you in person?

Message 6 of 14
lkrenzler

Just a note from our side, this problem was never fixed.  It has been there for years and never addressed.  We've pretty much given up on it at this point.  This is amazing since I thought being able to save your work was a pretty basic requirement of any software package.

Now we use mostly Nastran which can't save to the Vault.  Wow.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 7 of 14
johnsonshiue
in reply to: lkrenzler

Hi Wiljan,

I don't think you need to share the files. Now I remember it. Indeed, like Len mentioned here, this is a known issue. Somehow FEA no longer recognizes the result file. The simulation has to be rerun. This is unfortunate that we don't have a reliable fix yet. I am very sorry.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 8 of 14
lkrenzler

I suggested this before but I'll suggest it again in case it missed.  If the real problem can't be solved, there is a simple solution:

If there is a "mismatch" do not discard the results.  Warn the user but leave the results as is.  Simple.  If anyone is still working on this simulation system, we'd really appreciate this small change.

Message 9 of 14
johnsonshiue
in reply to: lkrenzler

Hi Len,

Many thanks for your suggestion! I wish it was that simple. I can ping the project team and see if it is feasible.

Thanks again!

Software Test Engineer
Message 10 of 14
wpoppe28GHN

Thanks all.

For now I save the most important results as DWF and open them with Design Review when needed.

That will do the job for me.

Message 11 of 14
Roman_Vesely

Hi all,

what Inventor release you working on ? We already fixed some issues related to corrupted FEA data in Inventor 2018.1. 

Thank you

Roman

Roman Vesely

Inventor - Principal QA Engineer
Message 12 of 14
lkrenzler
in reply to: Roman_Vesely

We are on 2019.4.  It's not fixed.  Inventor has a very deep rooted issue of not knowing when something has really changed or not.  This has never been fixed and is as bad as ever.  That leads to the simulation environment thinking something has changed when it has not.

Please see the above suggestion of NOT discarding results when simulation thinks something has changed (usually wrong).

Message 13 of 14
lkrenzler

Thank you for that Johnson.  It seems simple to me but I'm not a programmer so I'll just hope they can.  Cheers.

Message 14 of 14
wpoppe28GHN
in reply to: Roman_Vesely

I am working with the latest Inventor 2019 update.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report