Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mis-matched fonts

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
cadman777
217 Views, 0 Replies

mis-matched fonts

Will someone please tell me what's going on, and how to fix it:

In the "Style and Standard Editor", I set-up my "Object Defaults" and "Layers" so I can simply export the idw into Autocad 2000 with mapped entities, styles, etc.

After opening the Inventor-created dwg in Autocad, the text styles vary depending on the entity that has the text.

But the Acad "Style" editor shows many styles, with all combined fonts being only 3 types.
However, the "Style" editor does NOT show the font that the variant entity actually has.

I need to make all these Acad entities the same font WHEN EXPORTED from Inventor.

Here's an example of what I mean:

I always use the text font "RomanS" in Inventor, which translates to "romans" in Autocad.

Theoretically, ALL Acad text fonts should be "romans".

However:

The Acad font for the Inventor hole call-out is "RomanS_IV25" instead of "romans".

The Acad font for the Inventor add-in text to a standard dimension is "RomanS_IV25" instead of "romans", while the "<>" default dimension entry is "romans" like it should be.

The Acad font for the Inventor leader text is "RomanS_IV25" instead of "romans".

The Acad font for the Inventor chamfer note is "RomanS_IV25" instead of "romans".

The Acad font for the Inventor standard text is "RomanS_IV25" instead of "romans".

The above are just a few examples.

The reason why this is a problem is b/c these "RomanS_IV25" fonts print so lightly on my customers printers, that they can't read the text!

What causes this to happen in Inventor, and how can I make Inventor export ALL fonts to RomanS, like I think I have already done in the "Styles Editor"? Am I missing something, or is this some kind of defect in the software? If it's a defect, is it fixed in a version newer than 2010?

Thanks ...

... Chris
Win 7 Pro 64 bit + IV 2010 Suite
ASUS X79 Deluxe
Intel i7 3820 4.4 O/C
64 Gig ADATA RAM
Nvidia Quadro M5000 8 Gig
3d Connexion Space Navigator
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report