Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mirroring holes problem in drawing

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
mzmeister
708 Views, 9 Replies

Mirroring holes problem in drawing

Hello Autodesk,

i have a problem with a model and the drawing. In the model i have mirrored some holes. In the drawin the hole-table shows some of the mirrored holes on the position of the original ones. Also some entries are doubled.

I have also tried to redo a fresh drawing, the problem persists.

System: Inventor 2011 64 bit Subscription bonus pack with sp2

I also tried o another system without change. The model is too big to attach, so i attached only a pdf-dok. Please tell me, if  you have any hints for me.

Thank you in advance

Alexander

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
SBix26
in reply to: mzmeister

In your model move the End Of Part all the way to the top of the feature Browser (so all geometry disappears).  Save the file this way, then it may be small enough to attach here.

By the way, by posting in this forum you are not contacting Autodesk, but merely a bunch of Inventor users.  I hope we are able to help, but we are not Autodesk.

Message 3 of 10
Logos_Atum

I would like to help but i don´t know if i got you right.

Some of the holes are mirrored onto exactly the same position as the originals?

Did you use the right axis and did you use a workplane or geometry in the sketch to mirror?

Kind regards

Daniel

Dogs aren´t flammable.
Message 4 of 10
mzmeister
in reply to: Logos_Atum

Hello Sereniance,

the holes are only mirrored from one side of the model to the opposing. I did not mirror one hole onto another.

This was also my first thought, but i didn't do so.

I have mirrored the holes by using an workplane between two parallel planes.

In the meantime i found out, that my mirroring-plane is 0,0001 degree not perpenticular to the plane the holes are fit in.

Maybe this is the problem, but the effect is slightly banana.

I am also not able to reproduce this with another model..

Do you have any idea how to work this around?

Thanks!

Message 5 of 10
mzmeister
in reply to: SBix26

Hello sbixier,

even the reduced model is 12,2MB.

Sorry but i cannot upload.

Thanks for your hint.

Alexander

Message 6 of 10
00ash00

Hi All,

I have a simular problem, I have a Sheetmetal part folded in a "C" shape. If you put a hole throught all then do a drawing of the flat pattern add a hole table all holes are listed, Change the hole in the model from a "Through All" to Distance, the distance should default to "Thickness" save part, update drawing then look at hole table, now you have a number of holes listed in the table with at the same position see attached file. you can swap the hole back to "Throught All" and the hole table is correct. i have tryed a number of things to fix it, the only way was to delete all holes and start again and make sure that i have the correct Termination selected.

Ash

Autodesk Inventor Professional 2013

AutoDrafter 2013

Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit (Service Pack 1)

Ash

Dell - T1650
Intel(R)Xeon(R) CPU E3-1290 V2 @ 3.70GHz
16GB
64-Bit
Windows 7 Pro
Inventor 2013 Build: 138
Message 7 of 10
jingyi.liu
in reply to: 00ash00

Hi Ash

I reproduced your issue on hole table update, it's a bug  and I have logged defect 1470557.

In your case, you needn't delete all holes and just delete the hole table and redo the process of creating hole table.

To Alexander

Your dataset will be very helpful to identify the issue, you can send it to me by email (jingyiDOTliuATautodeskDOTcom), much appreciated.

Jingyi Liu

Inventor Product Manager
Message 8 of 10
mzmeister

Hello Jingyi Liu,

the data is on the way.

Regards

Alexander

Message 9 of 10
Logos_Atum

As i see you got plenty of suggestions already. hope they will help you See you 🙂
Dogs aren´t flammable.
Message 10 of 10
mzmeister
in reply to: Logos_Atum

Hello Sereniance,

Jingyi is still on it, im full of hopeSmiley Wink.

Thanks to all.

Greetings

Alexander

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report