Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mirrored Part

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
greghughes
300 Views, 3 Replies

Mirrored Part

When I mirror a part in an assembly and then open that part, the mirror plane for the derived part is always XY.

Can I change a setting somewhere so that in the derived part the mirror plane is always the same plane as what I chose to mirror it by in the assembly.

Cheers

Greg

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: greghughes

Hello be aware you have un-checked "Reuse normalized content and family members" in case it was a normalized piece when mirroring.

Also you can change simetry plan choosing on from the tree with the cursor button upper right on dialog box.

Message 3 of 4
t_stramr

Greg,

Inventor UI currently supports only XY plane for derived components created by mirror command. Don't confuse command mirror plane that defines position and orientation of mirrored component with mirror plane of derived component that defines local coord system of mirrored componet.

As I said, it is not supported from Inventor UI but there is support in Inventor API. You can specify a matrix that will be applied on mirrored bodies from derived component. Sketch and work geometries are excluded from transfromation as you can specify non-uniform matrix what could cause degeneration of geometries.

Robert

Message 4 of 4
stevec781

I have to fix this all the time.  In the new mirrored part edit the derived feature and change the mirror plane there.  Then you have to delete the part from the assembly and re insert it, or add new mates.  This is because the orientation angle cant be changed in iprops.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report